my wife Bedazzled my input shaft
15 Year Member
Jan 9, 2011
NC
What color is this upside down pic

image.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Regatta blue? It's hard to tell, there were a lot of blues. Doesn't look like bright altantic blue, but it might be.

Here. If I recall the factory paint code on my son's car was medium shadow blue. It was trashed, but there were some spots when we took it apart looked comparable to that as well.
image.jpeg

Idk, I saw this at a show 2 years ago and the jams and under the hood looked factory. Finally saw it again yesterday and I dig it.

You can tell it's been repainted due to the window frame being painted body color as well. That part should be black. I doubt the owner specifically had this part painted alone to match the car.

Also, the belt molding on the door is about 1" short and doesn't reach the end of the door. That suggests that part may be a reproduction. It's definitely been taken off the car at least.

image-jpeg.565319.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
That notchback has been repainted and the guy most likely looked up that blue in a paint code book and picked that color out. Your best bet is to stop by a paint shop or paint supply store and ask to look at their color books to see what looks to be the closest match.

You guys are all under the impression this guy had it repainted a factory Ford colour.

I had a buddy who's car looked almost identical to this and his was painted Viper GTS blue. Though this paint did look a little lighter than that.

If I was repainting from scratch, I doubt I'd limit myself to the factory paint colour that was offered during that time?

You guys are all under the impression this guy had it repainted a factory Ford colour.

I had a buddy who's car looked almost identical to this and his was painted Viper GTS blue. Though this paint does look a little darker than that.
I agree with this part...

If I was repainting from scratch, I doubt I'd limit myself to the factory paint colour that was offered during that time?

...but this part not completely. Partially. Back in those days,(and the reason I say partially) and the days that followed closely, Ford offered a TON of great colors. Man, if you couldn't find a ford color you loved between 1985 and 2000 youare a very hard to please person!

I would agree. Ford has had some pretty good colors. Red fire metallic has to be one of my favorite shades of red.

7b11695b77c3b3948a1d6fb84d9aef5e.jpg

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users