What do I need to cut 1.6-1.7 60 foots? Nittos/MT?

canadian99

Sep 29, 2006
Basicly my 99 GT makes 390/380 to the wheels with the SQ-trim and supporting mods.

This run was made with 275/35/18 bridgestone potenza S-03 tires:
60'- 2.130
330- 5.696
1/8- 8.455
mph- 89.67
1000- 10.840
1/4- 12.801
mph- 117.53

Suspension mods are:
Suspension techniques springs- the rears seem softer then stock.
Front struts- stock
Rear shocks- bilsteins
No front sway bar
Rear Lower steeda adjustable control arms
31-spline moser axles and ford racing diff

Now will adding a tire on the 18's that I have such as Nittos or MT do the trick?

Suggestions?

BTW, this is a manual car...

• Sponsors (?)

My guess would be MT ET Drags. It's gonna be hard to do with DR's, but if you must i'd go with the MT DR's. I have the Nitto DR's and they're great on the street, but a little tricky on the track.

You don't need a full drag slick to pull 1.6's and 1.7's lol... Full slicks are meant for sub 1.3 short times. I cut 1.7's pretty regularly last summer on MT ET Street Radials (275/40/17).

MT has new 18" sizes available, but IMO you should go with a smaller wheel as it will give you more sidewall and more sidewall means more traction on a launch.

I was able to cut a 1.75 on nitto dr's 275/40/17's and changing to 1.70 on the
26x8 et streets on a 15x7 wheel. I had 256 rwhp and 4.10's. But I had fox body 4 cyl springs and lakewood 90/10 struts.

Your front springs and struts mean alot as far as short times.

Josh

Get the MTs if your looking to get 1.6-1.7s. But DONT drive them in the rain and DONT use them as a DD tire, unless you want to replace them every 3-4K. Nittos rock for street use, and KILL "street" tires in terms of traction. I LOVE mine :D (315 nitto Drs)

Get the MTs if your looking to get 1.6-1.7s. But DONT drive them in the rain and DONT use them as a DD tire, unless you want to replace them every 3-4K. Nittos rock for street use, and KILL "street" tires in terms of traction. I LOVE mine :D (315 nitto Drs)

MT's will actually last a reasonable amount of time on the street, it depends on driving style, etc... I've had mine on for 4k miles and lots of drag passes, still not quite to the top of the wear bar yet, hah; also a friend of mine has had his on for 16k miles and they are just as fresh as mine (i think his are super freaks though lol) YEAH RAIN IS BAD!!! I've almost died more than a few times getting caught in the rain :notnice:

I ditched the idea of 18" DR so Im just gonna put some money down for some Mickey Thompsons with Weld Prostars, slicks and skinnies. Hopefully this should net me some 1.7's.

How are the fox body 4 cyl springs and Lakewood 90/10 struts on the street or can I use my Suspension techniques springs with the Lakewoods?

Hell yea. You have a built rear why not just run some ET Streets with a skinny up front and cut 1.5 60's. NO reason to run a drag radial if you're not afraid to break anything and are willing to get a second set of wheels anyways.

I ditched the idea of 18" DR so Im just gonna put some money down for some Mickey Thompsons with Weld Prostars, slicks and skinnies. Hopefully this should net me some 1.7's.

How are the fox body 4 cyl springs and Lakewood 90/10 struts on the street or can I use my Suspension techniques springs with the Lakewoods?