What Founding Members Frequent S197?

• Sponsors (?)

I bought a 2010 GT used in June of 2010. Did a Pype Bomb axleback exhaust, Hurst pistol grip shift knob, and UPR's upper and lower rear control arms in the first month. Loved that car, still miss it, but I had the chance to sell it for more than I owed on it in July 2011, so I did.

Then I bought a 2009 GT/CS in 2013... It was gone 3 month later because I had enough of making payments on a car that was spending more time in Ford dealership service departments than it was on the road.

I want another one.

Reactions: 1 user
I almost would've owned an S197 had I been patient. Probably a 2005. When the redesign was announced, I was saving up and was looking forward to them. But, I just didn't want to wait anymore to upgrade from my '99 V6 so I bought a 2003 GT new back then. Still have it (I think?...been at the body shop for 4 months but should be getting it back today).

Started here with my first car, my '77 Ghia. Then picked up a '76 Cobra which never saw the road. Then the '99, and finally the '03. Only have the '03 today...all the others are gone now.

Well, I joined up here about a month after I bought my first car (October '98, damn Radburns never fixed my join date), a '90 2.3L LX. I was kinda forced into that car by my dad but I think it ignited my love for Mustangs.

Had that car for 5 years, then bought a '87 Turbo Coupe in 2003, and got rid of the Mustang a couple years later (it was a rusty heap by that point).

Sold off the Turbo Coupe in 2010 and was completely carless for a year or so (was dd'ing my old F250 at the time).

Bought this beaut in 2011 and have been loving it ever since :) I actually just had my 6 year anniversary with this car, bought it July 2, 2011. This car still gets compliments all the time and it still looks great, who cares if it isn't quite as fast as the 5.0's.
VzRLNI3.jpg

Started off with a 2003 GT if you skip the 1965 Mustang I had in high school many many years ago. Switched for the power of the Coyote rather than supercharge the '03. Haven't looked back. Love the '14 I currently have - bought it used with 470 miles off a 70 year old gentleman. Mustang fan for life!
IMG_0415.JPG
IMG_0634.JPG

I bought an 88 LX 5.0 new, still have it with 357,000 miles. Looks kinda rough. Then I bought an 06 Mustang GT new and it has about 238,000 miles and looks good except for rock chips on the front of the hood. The LX has been modified quite a bit, the GT is stock except for the exhaust. I kinda like the 88 better, it drives with more character. But the 06 is rock solid reliable and still fun. My goal for the 06 is 500,000 miles. But dang, the 2018 sure tempts me.