• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

What happened to MustangMods.com?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrvax
  • Start date Start date Jul 2, 2009

mrvax

Stay thirsty my friends
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
5,225
3
79
SN Moderator: Orlando, Fl.
Jul 2, 2009
#1
  • Jul 2, 2009
  • #1
I used this site (paid $20) for several years to host my pictures that I put on the 'net. It seems to have been found to be an "attack site."

Anyone know any info about this?

Anyone know a free or dirt cheap web picture hosting site where I can upload some photos I want to post? Thanks!
 

eliteJAE

Member
May 29, 2007
0
1
16
Stanford University
Jul 2, 2009
#2
  • Jul 2, 2009
  • #2
Photobucket man it's free
 

Twista

Active Member
May 7, 2004
510
2
29
@ the z00 in chicago
Jul 2, 2009
#3
  • Jul 2, 2009
  • #3
holy crap.. never visited the site, but your right. maybe they got hacked
 

02LaserRed2V

New Member
Jul 30, 2004
379
1
0
Augusta, GA
Jul 3, 2009
#4
  • Jul 3, 2009
  • #4
been like that for 3 weeks. I canceled my subscription and switched back to photobucket.
 

AdRock

Member
Nov 13, 2003
521
1
19
South Texas
Jul 3, 2009
#5
  • Jul 3, 2009
  • #5
I think it got hacked. I can't even cancel the account if I want to but I don't pay anything for it anyway. I've sent an e-mail or two to the webmaster e-mail but haven't gotten a reply.
 

GDawg

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2002
1,469
19
68
Nevada
Jul 3, 2009
#6
  • Jul 3, 2009
  • #6
I paid for it then something happened to my account. I asked them to fix it and they never did. Just took my money and left me hanging. I'm glad they got screwed.
 

AdRock

Member
Nov 13, 2003
521
1
19
South Texas
Jul 3, 2009
#7
  • Jul 3, 2009
  • #7
GDawg said:
I paid for it then something happened to my account. I asked them to fix it and they never did. Just took my money and left me hanging. I'm glad they got screwed.
Click to expand...

That sux. I had an account before they switched to the pay system. I didn't have to pay because I already had an account. Pay was only for new accounts. The odd thing is that all pics I've put in threads still work.
 

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Jul 5, 2009
#8
  • Jul 5, 2009
  • #8
Google "Nine Ball Virus"...several thousands sites are involved. I'm getting ready to reformat my laptop because I can't get rid of the damn thing.
 

04sleeper

Founding Member
Jun 22, 2002
2,674
14
89
Dallas, TX
Jul 5, 2009
#9
  • Jul 5, 2009
  • #9
All my pictures are basically hosted on there. They are still working, but you can't log on or do anything.
 
P

PYRT

New Member
Mar 28, 2002
2
0
0
Atlanta, Ga area
Aug 28, 2010
#10
  • Aug 28, 2010
  • #10
I think I heard the owner/operator was a soldier in the U.S. Army and was KIA
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Engine What’s that?
  • PonyGTrider
  • Aug 24, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
291
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 25, 2026
PonyGTrider
Paint and Body Rotten moon roof trim
  • Teen'93stang5.0
  • Apr 14, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
192
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 15, 2026
Teen'93stang5.0
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
107
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
G
New, 2005 Red V6 Convertible
  • Ginger2005
  • Jan 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
461
The Welcome Wagon Jan 4, 2026
2Blue2
Clicking sound from driveshaft/rear differential
  • matthewt
  • Aug 27, 2026
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
2
Views
147
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk Aug 28, 2026
matthewt
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?