What is DOT approved?

• Sponsors (?)

It means that you get a ticket if caught with them on if the officer knows that they are not approved, most chances they don't. If you use them seal them good and use the correct colored lights behind them and you should get away with it.

kiddiccarus said:
It means that you get a ticket if caught with them on if the officer knows that they are not approved, most chances they don't. If you use them seal them good and use the correct colored lights behind them and you should get away with it.

The the DPS is the worst ones about this stufff. My friend had a 91' Berretta until she killed it by backing into on comming traffic :doh: Anyways the DPS was telling her that her tail lights was illeagel because they was smoke color. I told the guy those are OEM (stock) tail lights and he looked at me funny :rolleyes: What a Jack A$$...I mean damn she just totaled her car and he wants to talk about whether or not her tail lights are legal or not :notnice:

kiddiccarus said:
No I have to rent a Mini-van to make the vacation trip. I am carting 2 kids and a GF with me to go to VB, so I wont be driving my stang for a bit :(

I had to do this for about 8 months until we got our new Tahoe :nonono: It sux to rent Van/SUVs because of what they cost :eek: Lucky I work in the rental busz.

93GreenLX said:
8 months geez, even at $20 a day that's $600 a month, enough for a $40K vehicle, hope you get yourself a really really good rate :D

:doh: I ment to say when we took trips which is frequently and for weeks at a time. In that 8 months we rented probly 5 SUVs/1 car which 1 of the SUVs was payed by the ladys insurance that killed our old Tahoe :fuss: I really miss that ole truck :(

Sorry about the misleading.

Pro-Hawk said:
I had to do this for about 8 months until we got our new Tahoe :nonono: It sux to rent Van/SUVs because of what they cost :eek: Lucky I work in the rental busz.
I am only doing the trip thing also, man the gas prices kill me enough monthly. I can't afford to add a long term rental to it also. I just got my gas card bill for the Mustang, V-Twin, and the Grand Am GT. $340 at $2.00 a gallon :damnit: