What mods can my engine have?

Shiloh93

May 6, 2018
GA
I bought a 2013 gt with a JLT intake, boss manifold, roush cat back/delete exhaust, and I’m assuming a tune with a ghost cam. There was no tuner with the car.

So I’ve had this car for a about a year and wanted the engine to run smoother like it was designed so I went to the dealer ship and got them to flash it back to stock. As soon as I got in the car I had a check engine light and it ran like crap, which I expected since it has some bolt ons. I got home and programmed it with a Custom Bama tune and ran great other than the RPMS dropping to like 200-300 every 30 seconds and then it would idle normall. Also the check engine light would flash while it happened. So I did data logging for them and they said everything is fine on their end. He said it could possibly be a vaccum leak and my car looked to be running lean.

So I took matters in my own hands. I got p0308(cylinder 8 misfire) as my only code so I started to go after that. I checked for vacuum leaks everywhere, changed spark plugs, changed to the other Bama tune, cleaned throttle body and MAF sensor, swapped coils on #8 cylinder and still get the code for #8.

I know I have a few more things like the injector to check off, but what gets me is the car was running fine before I tuned it. So my next guess would be I’m missing a modification somewhere to tell Bama. I want to take the valve covers off and look at the cams to see if they are aftermarket and the injectors. Do they even stamp cam shafts where I can tell what they are?

• Sponsors (?)