Where are the 5-speed V-6's?

bonestock87

Founding Member
Dec 19, 2001
Cape Coral, FL
This may be an old topic that got beat to death, but I haven't had a chance to come in here much lately, but..........I can't seem to find a single 5-speed V-6 on any dealer lot. Right now I'm down in the Clearwater, FL area. I'm moving back to the Volunteer state next week and once settled I'll be in the buying mode. So is this some sort of regional phenomenon or is it all over?

I'm going for either a Windveil Blue or Black with dark charcoal interior and, of course, a 5-speed. So any thoughts or experiences with limited 5-speeds to choose from?

• Sponsors (?)

Howdy from the land of fruits and nuts (Cal.) and one very, very happy manual V6 owner. In general I believe the general rarity of manuals in Stangs (GT and V6 in particular) reflects how lazy the average driver has become. Personally, a car like a Stang with a manual just ain't right...not at all.

Well, I've searched the inventories in a rather large area back home in TN and have yet to find a 5-speed V6. Even my wife says a Mustang just ain't a Mustang if you don't row your own gears. I know the automatic in the '05 is light years ahead of its predecessors, but I'm just not "there" yet in my automotive progression. The 5-speed automatic in my wife's '04 MPV is the only auto-trans I can handle in my life right now. :)

bonestock87 said:
Well, I've searched the inventories in a rather large area back home in TN and have yet to find a 5-speed V6. Even my wife says a Mustang just ain't a Mustang if you don't row your own gears. I know the automatic in the '05 is light years ahead of its predecessors, but I'm just not "there" yet in my automotive progression. The 5-speed automatic in my wife's '04 MPV is the only auto-trans I can handle in my life right now. :)

Tell your wife it would be easier to find a 5-spd manual GT than a V6 ;)