Who Bought Theirs New And Still Own It?

jt14894

Apr 6, 2005
Florida
Ok. Let's hear from you who bought their Stang brand sparking new and still own it,

Me, I took delivery of my new 2005 GT Premium Redfire on July 10, 2005 (build completion date June 2005) 2 days before my birthday. 11 ½ years and 105,400+ miles later, it’s still running strong just like has been since the first day I drove it home.

My new ride on pick up day July 10, 2005.
Stang_7070.jpg

I've done a few upgrades through the years:
Added GT 300 side stripes
Swapped OEM rims Ford Racing Silver Bullitt wheels
Replaced OEM mufflers with Ford Racing Axle-back GTAs
Replaced OEM intake with K&N CAI
Added Diablo Sport Predator tuner

Stang_7071.jpg

My Stang as of today. This was taken no too long ago after just getting a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. Well worth the money I spent.

Stang_7006.JPG

I use nothing, but 89-90 octane non-ethanol gasoline and have kept it well maintained thanks to a well trusted mechanic who takes good care of it. Haven’t had any major problems with it and have only dealt with some minor things I which I have had to repair, fix, or replace as a result of 11+ years of normal wear and tear. Most recently, I replaced the worn out stock shift knob with a new ball shifter and what a difference that made. Best money I spent on a replacement thanks to American Muscle,

Old vs new
Stang_7017-1.jpg Stang_7066.JPG

And now for some not so good news. Unfortunately, it was in an accident a few years back when some college aged chic crashed into it from out of nowhere as I was coming into a Walmart parking lot.

All banged up.

Stang_7005.JPG

As my trusted mechanic recommended, we took it a local reputable body shop specializing in luxury cars (MBs, BMWs, Lexus, Jag) and they fixed it up good as new with OEM Ford parts as we demanded with my insurance. Total cost of damage was $4600 which, a few months after the repairs were completed, my insurance won their arbitration case against the other driver’s and the entire amount, including my $500 deductible, was reimbursed.

Good as new!

Stang_7067.JPG

I've taken it on several long road trips over the years and had many great drives.
I also took it to the ¼ mile track once with fellow Mustang club members and had some fun 1/4 mile runs. I also entered it in a few cars shows and twice won the best of show awards.

I never get tired driving this pony and have enjoyed it ever since day 1. It always reminds me of my Grandpa's 1965 fastback 2+2 and I look forward to more great drives year, after year, after year..

That’s about it for my original owner update.
Any other originals out there?

• Sponsors (?)

I bought my 2006 GT in May of 06. I still have the car and will keep it forever. I have made many modifications to the car and made it the way I wanted it. I lowered it and put different wheels on it before I even brought it home. Here is a pic of when I first got it.

IMG_1352_zpsd65cc436.jpg

Here are some shots of how the car has looked for the last few years.

5_zps2qkrp84z.jpg

6_zpsuga8oksy.jpg

engine_zpse1reo25f.jpg

Bought brand new May 2011. Exclusively running 93 octane or higher only.

I have to say after some issues early on and replacing some of the stock suspension and drive train components, this car seems bullet proof now. Ford cut a lot of costs on things that really do affect the car's performance and reliability if you drive the car harder than the average person does.

I have a 2006 Mustang GT I bought new in Feb 2006, now has 223,000 miles. It's been rock solid, only exhaust mods. Also have a 1988 LX 5.0 I bought new, pretty reliable car too. Modified a little of everything on it. It has 357,000 miles.

Bought mine new in August 2006, and This is it today 10.5 years and, 65,000 (yes, ONLY 65k!) miles later!

C&L Street Intake
Steeda Strut Tower Brace
Steeda Camber plates
GT500 KR Shocks & Struts
SR Performance 1.5" lowering springs
19" Brembo wheels
Side window louvers
Side scoops with custom inserts
GT500 rear spoiler
Cervini Stalker II Hood with custom made vents.
SR performance panhard bar.
Flowmaster AT axlebacks.

Last edited:
My '06 (V6 Premium) and I are mated for life. I mentioned in the fuel mileage thread that in 2012, it was almost taken from me forever by a decrepit old diabetic moonbat who decided to inflict her poor lifestyle on the population when in a sugar fit, she decided it would be prudent to hit me head-on after jumping across a solid double yellow right in front of me. She hit me in a '98 Blazer at 45mph.

I bought it back on salvage and have it fairly close to ready to go onto a salvage rebuilt title.

In the collision (I'll never call that an "accident." I was the victim of someone I have zero sympathy for. If her conditio. was that severe, she should never have been driving.)
Destroyed my GT front fascia
Destroyed the hood and hinges
Mangled the core support and shoved the radiator into the fan. Shredded it.
Wrenched and heaved the crumple zones in the front corners and deformed the inner aprons.
When the hood crushed, it mangled the fenders;as it bent, it caught the corner on the driver's side and tore it away. The passenger fender needed some light hammer and dolly work from a little bit of bending inward at the moment of impact but it was saved. The gaps at the doors were unaffected. She hit me flush dead center and all the force worked to push everything inward towards the center of the car. In the last moment before impact, when I realized she was *really* going to hit me, I instinctively removed my foot from the brake and clutched to neutral. So when she made contact, the majority of the force wwas transferred through the body into the wheels rather than completely absorbed by the metal.

If my airbag hadnt gone off (it didnt need to) I wouldnt have had a scratch on me...I absolutely despise steering wheel airbags. I would drive in a 5 pt harness, a full face helmet and a HANS sooner than I'd choose a car with a driver's airbag.

At any rate, I havent had a ton of time to work on it with 2 kids since bringing it home. The front end work is all complete. The only 2 things that have to get done are steering wheel and windshield; 1.5ohm resistors on the airbag circuit to turn off the light, terminators on that circuit, a new steering wheel cover, and a windshield.(When I was towing it home, there was nothing solid enough to bungee the hood to. I think I ended up latching onto one of the stainless power steering lines that runs in front of the radiator...at any rate it didnt hold and the hood sailed on me at 50mph. Smashed the glass.

When my tax return and my annual bonus hit my bank account, I'll spend a little slice of it getting the '06 finished out. Front glass, steering wheel, and I'll probably get my rotors turned...will also at least plan on swapping out the calipers in all 4 corners while I'm at it. The last time I took the car out, the brakes were "thwunk thwunk thwunky." The rest of it will go towards getting the bodywork done on my '67 fastback restoration (if curious, "just" a C code without its original 289. I'm building a BOSS 427 Windsor for it)

but as I said...mated for life.

Last edited:
I ordered my 2011 v6 in February 2010 with every option except the glass roof (didn't want it) and it arrived to my dealer in May 2010. Almost 7 years later and 26,000 miles I still love my Mustang. I 'might' be adding a Procharger
2016-09-09 05.19.14.jpg
2016-09-09 05.20.34.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-09-09 05.20.34.jpg
    2016-09-09 05.20.34.jpg
    573 KB · Views: 147
Bought my 12 new in Feb of 2012 with 2 miles on it. Just under 20K miles as of right now (old pic, but it still looks like this).

zyhky.jpg

I plan to change the suspension, because while I think it looks awesome like this, I hate the way it drives.

Well I did only buy mine 2.5 years ago, July 2014, but yeah I bought mine new from Sanderson Ford near Phoenix, AZ. Has 41K miles on it and I'm still loving it! Wish I had better gas mileage. Get 20-21 average here in Ohio but is what it is. I have a V6 standard auto with a modified Airaid CAI and SCT sport tune. Max mph I've had her at is 127. I'm too scared to go to 130 or higher due to these V6s being known for driveshaft failure around there. Youtube has quite a few 2011 V6 autos that this happened to. Someday I hope to get a better driveshaft. She currently wears Goodyear triple-tred all season H-rated tires.