who knows?

9250ho

New Member
Oct 11, 2008
5
0
0
o.k. people I need some opinions,. my proportioning valve is leaking. this part is obsolete from ford. do I get the FRP adjustable valve, or find a clean one in a junk yard. I plan on keeping the car forever and restoring it in 20 years, (if I live that long). is this a part i would want to replace with the correct part number......
put it this way....if this car was to go to barret-jackson in 30 years, would the incorrect proportioning valve hurt the sale......am I making any sense?
 
Collectible cars are supposed to have all the original parts. That means a trip to the junkyard is in order if being collectible is your goal.

If the junkyard search doesn't prove successful, Summit has a Wildwood valve ( p/n WIL-260-8419 ) that is similar to the Ford Racing one for a lot less money. I used the Wildwood valve on my previous Mustang and it works good. See Wilwood 260-8419 - Wilwood Brake Proportioning Valves - summitracing.com