Whose beautiful lipstick red Virginia based '93 GT was this?

Habu135

5 Year Member
Jan 10, 2019
California
I found this lipstick red '93 GT for sale at some used 4×4 truck lot in Virgina and was curious if anyone knows who the previous owner is? It's a beautiful car, but when you look closer at it you notice it's has drums on the rear, the wrong tailpipes and some missing odds and ends. It's also a bit overpriced, in my opinion, at $36K. Oh, and it has 109k miles, not 9k. Thanks

View: https://youtu.be/yNP74mQsuqw

Screenshot_20221201-222016_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I'd probably put it in the mid 20's. I definitely feel if that car was listed for $20K it would sell in a minute.

If it's a dealer, they probably offer financing, which means someone will buy that thing at $500/month. It's easier to finance $36K than it is to plunk down $20-25K in cash, although today's interest rates are probably going to change that thinking as well.

I can't pick it apart too much. I'd rather it have stock gauges, and a stock radio, and at that price point, it should have rear disks and not drums. I'd also need a paper trail for that mileage. Carfax or inspection reports. Car looks great, but I would not want that to be a 209K or 309K mile car, despite how well it's been torn down and rebuilt.

May sound snobbish, but when you start talking $20K or $30K cars, that price needs to be justified. I'm not saying $36K is not justified, but at $36K i'd be looking at a Saleen or 93 Cobra, or a Terminator or S351 or something like that.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I'd probably put it in the mid 20's. I definitely feel if that car was listed for $20K it would sell in a minute.

If it's a dealer, they probably offer financing, which means someone will buy that thing at $500/month. It's easier to finance $36K than it is to plunk down $20-25K in cash, although today's interest rates are probably going to change that thinking as well.

I can't pick it apart too much. I'd rather it have stock gauges, and a stock radio, and at that price point, it should have rear disks and not drums. I'd also need a paper trail for that mileage. Carfax or inspection reports. Car looks great, but I would not want that to be a 209K or 309K mile car, despite how well it's been torn down and rebuilt.

May sound snobbish, but when you start talking $20K or $30K cars, that price needs to be justified. I'm not saying $36K is not justified, but at $36K i'd be looking at a Saleen or 93 Cobra, or a Terminator or S351 or something like that.
Agreed. I did some research on the car and it has 109k mileage, not 9k. And it should come with a Carfax, as you mentioned, at that price. Funny thing is whoever buys it is gambling with a build that may explode 5 minutes down the road. And with a 30 year old car and unknown build quality you're running up against high risk.

The quality of the paint job and money put into the engine and trans makes me wonder why the car sat so long in the previous owner's garage without being tuned. The salesman mentions this and you can see the dust in the engine bay.

I'm a west coast guy, but I do like the color and cervini kit on an otherwise nice looking GT with a clean black cloth interior.

I found this lipstick red '93 GT for sale at some used 4×4 truck lot in Virgina and was curious if anyone knows who the previous owner is? It's a beautiful car, but when you look closer at it you notice it's has drums on the rear, the wrong tailpipes and some missing odds and ends. It's also a bit overpriced, in my opinion, at $36K. Oh, and it has 109k miles, not 9k. Thanks

View: https://youtu.be/yNP74mQsuqw

Screenshot_20221201-222016_YouTube.jpg

If

If it were me establish the max you are willing to pay. Then make a first bid at least 5k lower. Start at 18k and see what they say. If they say that is too low for them to respond just leave them your contact info and wait for them to call. They will.

I haven't seen that car over here in Central or Northern VA. Looks good but overpriced by atleast 20k, in my opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user