• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Wierd ?...how much wieght for snow

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlownStangGT
  • Start date Start date Dec 4, 2003

BlownStangGT

REPEAT
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
3,860
6
58
Lancaster, PA
Dec 4, 2003
#1
  • Dec 4, 2003
  • #1
well, unlike some I am not privledged enough to have more then one car haha. So I am about to go to lows and get some sand or soemthing for the back of my car. How much weight should I ahve to put back there to help the most? Thanx
 

Rick 91GT

Mustang Master
Nov 29, 1999
9,692
95
99
PA
Dec 4, 2003
#2
  • Dec 4, 2003
  • #2
Well I have put 200lbs in there before when I had too, the issue is if you were to have an accident it could fly up and smack you...not a good deal.

I used a product called Cattle Grip, basically limestone mix and this also helped when I got it stuck. Man I don't miss that, no Mustang goes anywhere in the snow unless it has a set of Blizzacks on the rear.
 

BlownStangGT

REPEAT
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
3,860
6
58
Lancaster, PA
Dec 4, 2003
#3
  • Dec 4, 2003
  • #3
Rick 91GT said:
Well I have put 200lbs in there before when I had too, the issue is if you were to have an accident it could fly up and smack you...not a good deal.

I used a product called Cattle Grip, basically limestone mix and this also helped when I got it stuck. Man I don't miss that, no Mustang goes anywhere in the snow unless it has a set of Blizzacks on the rear.
Click to expand...
LOL I had a set of Blizzacks last year that worked decnt...but DAMN did they smell when U did a nasty burn out hahahaha...I will probably try to put it down where my spare tire goes and see if that works
 
C

crazyquik50

New Member
Dec 2, 2002
243
0
0
in the garage
Dec 4, 2003
#4
  • Dec 4, 2003
  • #4
3 80lb bags of sand and som 225/50 Glacier Grips and look out. Who needs a 4x4
 

BlownStangGT

REPEAT
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
3,860
6
58
Lancaster, PA
Dec 4, 2003
#5
  • Dec 4, 2003
  • #5
Thanx guys ...im headed out to lows now and see what I can find...thanx for thehelp
 

Rick 91GT

Mustang Master
Nov 29, 1999
9,692
95
99
PA
Dec 4, 2003
#6
  • Dec 4, 2003
  • #6
I got my stuff from Southern States, really cheap like $1.69 a bag or something...that was a few years back but it's only rock..lol
 
C

ccwilms

New Member
Jun 19, 2003
26
0
0
Virginia
Dec 4, 2003
#7
  • Dec 4, 2003
  • #7
When I lived in Rochester I used to put 100 lbs of sand in the trunk, and this worked well. I also had bridgestone blizzak snow tires (awesome, night and day difference), and I used to bypass the supercharger in the winter. With these mods and a manual tranny it was actually a decent car in the snow (and we're talking about 95+ inches per winter).
 

cevtv

Founding Member
Sep 15, 2002
1,113
0
37
Massachusetts
Dec 4, 2003
#8
  • Dec 4, 2003
  • #8
1 bag of concrete mix, and Blizzaks on all 4 corners. No problems at all.
 

BlownStangGT

REPEAT
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
3,860
6
58
Lancaster, PA
Dec 4, 2003
#9
  • Dec 4, 2003
  • #9
well I got 200 lbs of gravel in there now so we will see
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Electrical problem plug in the drivers kick panel
  • Mindseye007
  • Aug 16, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
166
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 16, 2026
Mindseye007
1
Electrical Headlight harness trouble
  • 1985fox
  • Apr 14, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
388
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 17, 2026
AeroCoupe
B
Engine Strange Noise
  • burntokita
  • May 8, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
479
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 11, 2026
keel
J
Suspension Foxbody mustang Steering shaft issue
  • Jakub2537
  • Sep 5, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
224
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 11, 2026
gkomo
Ford truck engine swap issues
  • keel
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
17
Views
514
Other Auto Tech Jul 13, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?