• Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All

Will this (headunit) fit my car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BennyBlown2v
  • Start date Start date Jun 26, 2005

BennyBlown2v

New Member
Dec 9, 2004
1,233
1
0
Carmel, INdiana
Jun 26, 2005
#1
  • Jun 26, 2005
  • #1
I'm looking to replace the stock Mach 460 head unit in my 04 GT and I was wondering if THIS headunit would fit without an installation kit/mounting adapter, or for that matter, any double DIN decks? I realize I'll need a harness adapter and stuff to hook everything up, I just wanna know if that will actually physically fit without any modification.

Any input would be great, thanks!
 

iskwezm

10 Year Member
May 24, 2005
4,159
20
79
Rowland Heights,California
Jun 26, 2005
#2
  • Jun 26, 2005
  • #2
BennyDaBall said:
I'm looking to replace the stock Mach 460 head unit in my 04 GT and I was wondering if THIS headunit would fit without an installation kit/mounting adapter, or for that matter, any double DIN decks? I realize I'll need a harness adapter and stuff to hook everything up, I just wanna know if that will actually physically fit without any modification.

Any input would be great, thanks!
Click to expand...
All double DIN's are the same size,but they usually need a mounting kit because the factory H/U is held in with spring clips on the sides and the aftermarket ones use a shuttle to slide into and lock.The shuttle might be able to "lock" into the opening without a kit.
 

Infinity

Founding Member
Apr 7, 2002
956
0
0
Charlestown, IN
Jun 26, 2005
#3
  • Jun 26, 2005
  • #3
You can make it fit using Metra's dash kit for the 2004-up F150. Cut the center bar off it and mount the new player. You should be able to get the Metra kit just about anywhere. The Scosche kit won't work.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

0
V6 to V8 Swap info
  • 02_2v_Curtis
  • Jan 11, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
888
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jan 11, 2026
02_2v_Curtis
0
E
Finished my Fox Hydroboost Install - Tips
  • Engineer Duane
  • Apr 9, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 5, 2025
Engineer Duane
E
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
348
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
SN Mustang Magnum T56 swap
  • revhead347
  • May 24, 2024
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
15
Views
7K
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Jun 28, 2026
GearHeadGuy
G
1999 Mach 460 to Mach 1000 conversion help please
  • greencody433
  • Mar 14, 2021
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Replies
0
Views
2K
Mustang Sound & Shine All Mar 14, 2021
greencody433
G
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?