• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Window Gaps

  • Thread starter Thread starter Martinisovo
  • Start date Start date Aug 18, 2014
M

Martinisovo

Member
Aug 16, 2014
8
1
13
Houston TX
Aug 18, 2014
#1
  • Aug 18, 2014
  • #1
I just picked up a 1989 GT vert, and I was trying to figure out how to fix the window gap. I'm not sure if it's because the rear window motors don't work or because they're adjusted wrong, anybody got any clues?
 

f8tlfiveo

My wife likes my spool and blow-off valve.
Aug 8, 2007
1,585
102
64
Lancaster, PA
Aug 18, 2014
#2
  • Aug 18, 2014
  • #2
Buy the convertible top adjustment book, I think late model resto sells it... I have it, has all the stuff in it
 
Reactions: Martinisovo
M

Martinisovo

Member
Aug 16, 2014
8
1
13
Houston TX
Aug 18, 2014
#3
  • Aug 18, 2014
  • #3
f8tlfiveo said:
Buy the convertible top adjustment book, I think late model resto sells it... I have it, has all the stuff in it
Click to expand...
So the back window not being able to go up or down doesn't have nothing to do with it? It has sort of a lot of play in the window the 1/4 window does.
 

f8tlfiveo

My wife likes my spool and blow-off valve.
Aug 8, 2007
1,585
102
64
Lancaster, PA
Aug 18, 2014
#4
  • Aug 18, 2014
  • #4
I'm sure it does, the book has all window adjustments and top adjustments. I would fix the window before making adjustments
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Strange timing issue
  • 92 Bimini Blue
  • Sep 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
14
Views
310
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sunday at 11:53 AM
highplace11
H
C
Electrical Fuel Gauge...Help! What did I do or Didn't Do?
  • ChickenDeluxe
  • Sep 3, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
176
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 3, 2026
ChickenDeluxe
C
9
Engine Donor '00 Mountaineer meet '91 Fox
  • 91firecracker
  • May 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
41
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 28, 2026
91firecracker
9
Rear window failure
  • Moondog2178
  • Jul 22, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
406
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 22, 2025
Moondog2178
Door wire harnesses 1996 GT
  • Adizzle843
  • Feb 5, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
455
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Feb 17, 2026
Adizzle843
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?