Window Tinting

pomag50

New Member
Jul 10, 2007
32
0
0
San Diego
I have an issue. In cali they do not allow us to tint our windshields. Any ideas on how to get around that i have heard you can get some kind of prescription for it but i am not entirely sure. Any help would be appreciated!!!! :D




Ok I have another question as well. I saw a window treatment a while back that made your windows completely matte. Absolutely no shine to them whatsoever. I was wondering if anyone out there has any leads to that or would know someone that has had it done. I am in to the completely matte finish for everything (except all the chrome on my engine). I am getting a paint job done that will make it a deep matte black, smoked headlights and rear lights, and would love to make my windows matte as well with limo tint.
 
Can you atleast have a 4" or so tint strip at the top of the windshield? Those are surprisingly helpful over nothing at all.
 
oh yeah i can have a strip. I have one there right now. I found a place that will do it here in San Diego but they want almost 300 bucks to tint the windshield. Thats just a little extreme. I think i can spend that money somewhere else and get more out of it such as CAI, or headers etc.....

I am still looking for the other type though that i mentioned above. If anyone knows anything pm me plz. I don't know why but i don't like shiny cars or windows, I have always been that way, I guess to each his own.
 
I have an issue. In cali they do not allow us to tint our windshields. Any ideas on how to get around that i have heard you can get some kind of prescription for it but i am not entirely sure. Any help would be appreciated!!!! :D


One of my co workers tinted his front windshield 50% in his corvette and has gotten stopped three times and the cops didnt notice it and we live in Cali