• Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech

Wiring issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter jansen29
  • Start date Start date May 15, 2010

jansen29

Member
Mar 26, 2007
73
0
7
Mountain View, CA
May 15, 2010
#1
  • May 15, 2010
  • #1
Hey guys,

I just put in my new motor and while I was at it a I relocated my fuse box to the kick panel on the drivers side. When I went to turn it over no love. I get the keyed power but no start. So I tracked it down to the blue and red wire that goes to the "S" terminal on the starter motor relay on the firewall. I traced it back to the fuse box and there is no power there and then I checked on the other side of the fuse box and no juice. My question is where does the power come from???? Does it come from the fuse box or does it come from when the key is turn to the run and then start position since the red /blue wire runs all the way to the ignition switch. Any help would be great...
 

Wart

I'm Mad as HELL and I'M not Gonna Take it ANYMORE!
Founding Member
Sep 1, 1998
408
3
58
NE Ohio
May 18, 2010
#2
  • May 18, 2010
  • #2
Key switch.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Electrical V8 swap no power to anything
  • Bullittsmith
  • Sep 12, 2026
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
4
Views
170
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Sep 15, 2026
Mcmahst
Resolved Wiring electric fan
  • cbac89
  • Aug 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
169
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
cbac89
G
Resolved Smoking Wiring Issue After GT40 Head Swap
  • Grapes
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
463
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 22, 2026
Grapes
G
D
Mustang not starting
  • Dawry Ramos
  • Sep 12, 2026
  • 2015 - 2023 Specific Tech
Replies
10
Views
231
2015 - 2023 Specific Tech Saturday at 9:20 AM
Dawry Ramos
D
C
Electrical HELP! 1989 5.0 Stick, Voltage Bleed onto Ignition Trigger wire
  • ChickenDeluxe
  • May 14, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
322
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 24, 2026
ChickenDeluxe
C
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?