Wiring Location's 1995 Mustang GT Convertible

rude_life

Mar 30, 2005
Hey guys, this is like a 2 part question.. I posted something a while back on the buzzing sound I'm getting through my speakers on my Mach 460 sound system. Well a couple members told me to remove the driver's side kick panel and there is a ground in there for my speakers, advising me to see if maybe something was loose or disconnected..Well, I dont know jack chit about wiring or electric on cars, and needless to say, once I got the cover off I had no idea what i was looking at. I did notice a couple things though..There are several wires with butt connectors attatched but only crimped on one side and not mated with another wire, most of them blue with a black stripe I believe, and there is another purple wire without a butt connector that is dangling free, disconnected from anything at all. So, what I have been wondering is how I can find out which wires are what and what they're for and whether or not they should be connected to anything..??

But heres the kicker...Maybe it's my imagination but I know it isnt..After I got in there and started jiggling some stuff around and moving wires and such..I put the panel back on and drove to the store and I could have SWORN that my car was running 50% better than before...Its a noticible difference and it only lasted for one or two trips in the car after that. So I guess part two to my question is..Are there any type of wires running under that panel that are connected to anything in my engine that I may have jarred loose or something, therefor affecting the performance of my engine? :shrug:

Another interesting point..A friend of mine told me that if there was a problem with my ground to my stereo, (possibly located under the driver side kick panel) then my stereo wouldnt be working at all..he went on to say that if it was an electrical issue causing the annoying buzzing sound, it would be an electric ground issue throughout the whole car. Which would support the theory mentioned above, that something may have been jarred loose in there, adversly affecting the driveability of my car.
I dont know..thats why I am here..Please help

Thank you much
Kris

• Sponsors (?)

I might agree with your friend about the radio, but many other members have talked about the static they get when a ground is loose, not that it fails to work at all.

typically grounding wires are black and if they're connected to the car there is a green screw that connects them to the chassis.

also, there are many wires under the kick panel. If you have a haynes or equivalent, you may be able to identify the cluster, but if not... which cluster are the wires connected to, i.e. which harness do they come from?

as for it affecting performance, it's possible that if one of the wires isn't grounded correctly, that it could be giving an incorrect, or slightly off number to the computer... so it's not a complete stretch to think it's helped