wiring up a 5.0 motor

dadslx

Nov 11, 2006
hey folks quick question for you. im installing a 5.0 ho in my 1969 cougar i think i have it hooked up right but wanted to confirm...for starters im not running any smog equipment, no vss, and right now i only have the main harness hooked up but i wondering i few things..i ran my green connector ing wire to my solinoid along with the red/green wire from the grey body connector. i also ran the red/lt blue wire from the grey body connector to the solinoid south pole. i hooked up all my ground wires..but when i key the car up and try to start it the relay by the computer buzzs but the starter doesnt turn any ideas?

What kind of starter do you have? There are two kinds.

Starter solenoid wiring for 86-91 Mustang

Starter solenoid wiring 92-93 Mustang or earlier Mustang with upgraded high torque mini starter.

trouble

to answer your question im using the stock unit on the 60 block..its a non mini starter...i did however find the route cause of my problem by accident no less..i touched a screw driver by mistake to the hot side of the solinoid to the s terminal and it cranked a bit then stopped again. so i replaced the solinoid and it crank right up..onlly thing let is to run my fuel lines!!!!!!