Won Car Show tonight!

At Penn State, the Penn State Lion's Performance Automotive Club holds an annual "Ultimate Street Car Challenge." The rules are pretty straightforward: there are three events: Show, Drags, Autocross. Cars must be inspected, insured, owned by the competitor who enters the car, and running on REAL street tires (no racing compound, slick, or drag radial tires). Drags and Autocross are worth 33 points each, with the Show portion being broken down into "Visual" and "Functional" portions worth 17 points apiece, for a total of 34 points.

Tonight, we held the Show portion, and I won overall with a score of 33.25 points. I came in first place in the Functional section and second place in the Show portion.

My competitors were: 1995 Acura Legend, 2002 Subaru WRX, 1994 Mustang GT, 1999 Dodge Dakota R/T, 2005 Volkswagen Golf GTI, 2006 Ford Mustang GT, 2003 Honda S2000, 99 Buick Regal, 1998 BMW M3, and 1997 BMW 328i. All cars were pretty heavily modified; I'll say more if anyone cares about the specifics. I can say that the Buick in particular might surprise people :)

I don't really know whether anyone on here will care about this, but I wanted to show you guys that Mustangs do in fact get some love in car shows. I can't wait to race everyone at the track(s) on Friday and Sunday (when we are having the drag racing and autocross, respectively). I expect the GTI, S2000, and M3 to hand me my ass at the autocross, but unfortunately, I don't have any real competition in the drag racing portion (unless I blow up my engine lol).

There was supposed to be a 2002 SLP Camaro with all bolt-ons and a 2-stage 75-150 shot competing, but he didn't get his nitrous set up in time for the competition. He got the nitrous after he heard what I had been up to over the winter :D He ran a 12.9 at 114 with a 2.3s 60' time with every bolt-on those cars have (LS6 intake, lid, MAF, tb, longtubes, catless midpipe, SLP catback, 315s out back, full suspension, subframe connectors). I'm pretty sure it would have been an awesome race if he had run a 75 shot, but he would have beat me with the 150.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, there was supposed to be a 2001 Firechicken with bolt-ons and a cam making 395 at the wheels, but he bitched out at the last minute for some reason. He showed up at the car show, but didn't enter his car :( I was really looking forward to running him as well.

• Sponsors (?)