Worth Buying 2007 GT Premium?

mkreckel

Jun 10, 2019
Rochester, NY
Hello all,
I am new to this forum looking for some of your thoughts/advice. I'm looking at buying an '07 GT Premium for $8,785. 118k miles, 3 previous owners, clean title. The dealership told me they recently replaced the clutch and flywheel. I want to know whether this would be a good purchase regarding reliability. I love the '05-'09 models and would use the car as a "fun" summer car.
Thanks!
Max

Below is a link to the car:

• Sponsors (?)

Looks like a real nice car but we have no way of knowing much about the mechanical condition. Did you test drive it? That mileage is not really anything to worry about from what I hear. I just turned over 100K on my car last year. I bought the car with 53K, have owned it for almost 8 years, only big things I've had to do so far was ball joints. However my throwout bearing is starting to make noise so a clutch job is probably in order for this winter.

Just the usual stuff...unusual noises, make sure everything works OK. The one big common problem with these is if the cowl drain gets plugged, water can get inside the car and get the junction box wet- which can cause a bunch of weird electrical gremlins, but presumably that would be obvious.