WOW! I think i'm in love!...

AZ95GT

Dec 27, 2003
Arizona
...With my new flowmaster 40's. The car sounds great and it feels a little bit more powerful too. Overall I am very very pleased! I drove around for hours today just enjoying my car :drool: Now all I need is a midpipe and i'll be set, I'm thinking maybe a prochamber?

• Sponsors (?)

u do need o2 sensors, when i got my white one the car had the off road on, but when i switched to stock for inspection the nswitched back i got no check engine light, h pipes get a little more sound and x's get a little more power, plus the x has a raspy sound to it which sounds real good.

AZ95GT said:
Thanks man! Let me know hows yours turn out! I need help deciding on the midpipe too, did the Off road H have the o2 sensors? Did you get the check engine light at all?

no you wont b/c the 02's sample the exhaust before the cats anyway, the computer will never know if your running cats or not.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I am so happy with them. Any input on how a prochamber sounds with these? For some reason i really like the idea of the prochamber, doesnt it make the most power?

AZ95GT said:
Thanks for all the replies guys, I am so happy with them. Any input on how a prochamber sounds with these? For some reason i really like the idea of the prochamber, doesnt it make the most power?

Eh, don't start that war. There is some controversy as to which midpipe gives the greatest gains, but I think the summary that most agree on is h-pipe gives great low end but gives up some top end; x-pipe gives great top end but gives up some low end; and prochamber tries to combine the two.

Jon

oh man I know exactly what you're talking about. when I first put on my two chambered flows it was A - the first thing I'd ever done to a car and B - the best thing I've done yet. I swear I drove around for 3 hours smiling like a 10 year old on christmas just revving my engine with the windows down. I recommend you take it on the highway and pick an exit, but don't use the breaks to slow down. I love the sound of flows when you downgear.

that prochamber will rumble, a friend of mine just put a new exhaust on his gt. he went with three chambers and it sounds sick, i can only imagine what it will sound like with twos

when we started the car, we had a couple drinks sitting on washer in the garage, and they vibrated off of it and hit the floor(bad as he(ck)) (ck)=LL

how much did you pay for the mufflers? i went online to flowmasters website, and the super 40 kit for the 87-93 is like 1000$. It includes the mid pipe and the cat back so to speak, and i think that it is a little overpriced. I would go bassani headers and all for that price

jason

mytight95 said:
how much did you pay for the mufflers? i went online to flowmasters website, and the super 40 kit for the 87-93 is like 1000$. It includes the mid pipe and the cat back so to speak, and i think that it is a little overpriced. I would go bassani headers and all for that price

jason

Ebay has Flowmaster muffs for really cheap. As for midpipe, I would shop around in the StangNet Classifieds.

Jon