Wow... Saw a 2005 Mustang Burn to the ground today.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GM Dude

Jan 15, 2004
Sanford, MI
Between Midland, MI, and Bay City, MI I saw a 2005 on the side of the expressway on fire along with 2 fire trucks, and an ambulance and a bunch of cops. I didn't have my camera unfortunately. Looks like it started in the engine compartment, and worked its way through. No mistaking, it was indeed a 2005. I wonder if it'll be in the news?

• Sponsors (?)

The fire happened because the car gave in from the strain of containing the fact that it does, indeed, Rock! It had so much colon stomping uber hotness that it was just bound to burst into flames sooner or later. That or a short in the wiring somewhere.

That was lame, I know. It's late... get bent.

Not a production version. Nothing to worry about.

I'm sure It'll make the news. I wouldn't be surprised if some media sources blew it way out of proportion.

shatner saves said:
The fire happened because the car gave in from the strain of containing the fact that it does, indeed, Rock! It had so much colon stomping uber hotness that it was just bound to burst into flames sooner or later. That or a short in the wiring somewhere.
:rlaugh: I would tend to agree with the former explanation :p
And I didn't think anyone else used the expression 'uber' :nice:

This is why manufacturers drive pre-production models thousands of miles prior to launch. The first F150 of the last generation I ever saw was parked on the shoulder of Rt 210 in Maryland totally consumed in flames. Better to have this stuff happen now than later.

GM Dude said:
Who knows, maybe it was faulty wiring?
Alright to let the cat out of the back, I didn't see a 2005 on fire, just trying to help liven up the place. It's all a joke, so nothing to see anymore

I think you're wrong. I think you *did* see it on fire (as opposed to burning down) due to the aformentioned level of ass-kickery inherent in that vehicle. The people that were present, and realized what was *really* happening, just stood back to be bathed in the creamy glory that is the '05.

Bystanders could be heard to comment, "Dag Yo! That car's on fire, Dawg!"

"Thanks. Thanks a lot. I'll inform Jay Mays and Hau Thai-Tang of your positive feedback. Oops, watch out for those flames, fella."

But the event so traumatized you that you have banished it from you head. It is now a repressed memory that will surface in some therapy session years down the road. Upon discovering this, your therapist will be heard to exclaim,

"Dumbass."

:D

If a false post .... really not cool.

If a true post ... not buying the "this is what you build pre-production vehicles for" stuff. Nobody builds pre-production units to fail, not in this manner. Build pre-production units to not fail, to find any weak links (which should be nearly 0). An incident this close to start of production would be scary, regardless of the vintage of the vehicle. Little time for route cause and corrective actions. And on "thermal incidents" (no vehicle catches fire anymore, I don't care how tall the flames you thought you saw were ... it was a "thermal incident"), the standard "non-production intent parts" will not close out the reports.

again, hope its a false report.

Status
Not open for further replies.