x pipe and exhaust system?

95 muscle

Aug 27, 2006
im wanting to purchase a flowmaster exhaust system and an x pipe for my 95 gt mustang. and i am a little confused about the whole idea, if a get the dual exhaust flowmasters with cats, does my x pipe need cats too(inorder to pass smog)? and also in the attachment i have pictures of the exhaust and x pipe i was thinking of getting, would this work/fit/make sence? im just not sure, and i dont want to spend too much money on something that i dont need to buy. and one more question for thoes of you who have even made it this far on my post but if i replace my gears with some 355 or 373 am i going to be strugging for power on the freeway when going like 80mph? if anyone can help me out i'd appreciate it

Jimmy James

Attachments

• xpipe_mid_convert.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 61
  • FLOWTRUEDUAL.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 41

Depending on the state you live in, you may or may not need to pass yearly emissions tests, so i would check on that before you buy an aftermarket midpipe. The x-pipe goes between your exhaust manifolds and flowtubes, and they come either with cats or without (offroad x-pipe). A cat back system like you mentioned will not have catalytic converters, just mufflers, flow tubes and tailpipes (hence the term cat-back). The pictures you attached look like compatible parts, just make sure you get an x-pipe that works with shorty headers/stock manifolds, one made for long tube headers will not work. The flowmaster cat back will attach directly to the end of the x-pipe.