YJ paint code please help

This is the before pic. Ended up pulling the bumper cover off. It was a lot worse than i thought

Attachments

• 8E8A4C43-209F-4EDC-807B-B31C7470D753.jpeg
    8E8A4C43-209F-4EDC-807B-B31C7470D753.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 175
  • Sponsors (?)

That book is crap for paint codes and names. Damn errors everywhere.

This is the correct list for 1990...

Thanks for letting me know this. I’ll use the data in my book with some degree of skepticism.

To the original poster, I’m sorry if my response lead you to buy a color other than what you need.

Thanks for letting me know this. I’ll use the data in my book with some degree of skepticism.

To the original poster, I’m sorry if my response lead you to buy a color other than what you need.
Nope your fine. Its funny how things work out... i got the sem dark titanium paint today and tested it out on a piece of paper. It looks like a perfect match. Maybe the person before me was confused and used the YU code. Im going to paint tomorrow and post some pics.

Reactions: 1 users
How's it match in person ?
Hard to tell from pics but it looks a few shades darker than the pic of the peeling bumper.
Could just be the lighting though.
Its really really close. Im happy. The lighting in the picture makes it look off. I used spraymax 2k satin clear so its a lil dull compared to the rest of the car but i also waxed the car recently. Im hoping it will shine a little bit after a buffing. There is zero orange peel so i dont think i need to wet sand?

Its really really close. Im happy. The lighting in the picture makes it look off. I used spraymax 2k satin clear so its a lil dull compared to the rest of the car but i also waxed the car recently. Im hoping it will shine a little bit after a buffing. There is zero orange peel so i dont think i need to wet sand?
Also the last pic was right after the last coat of clear and it was still wet. It has dried up and looks more dull now. I used a little bit of bondo on the rock chips. I forgot how it is important not to use too much. My arms are exhausted from sanding.

Buffed/polished today. Colors are way off because of horrible lighting in my basement. Cleaned up the headlights while they where off.

Attachments

• 8FD9CED4-084F-47D2-9E5E-402A49FE1AF1.png
    8FD9CED4-084F-47D2-9E5E-402A49FE1AF1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 146
Reactions: 1 user
Got bumper cover back on car today and out in the sun. The dark color is a little off, its definitely a lil darker than the rest. The light titanium part is pretty close. Definitely not a perfect match. We are now thinking about painting the rest of the ground effects to match. My son is learning a lot tho. He seen some wrenches fly and learned new four letter words today while putting the inner fender splash guards back on today.

Reactions: 1 user