Yup, another new guy.. :-)

• Sponsors (?)

Started to create my profile and realized all the pics (other than the avatar) I have are of stuff I need to fix, change, and or put back together LOL.. will add some this weekend!!

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry for the late reply, had some "stuff" going on.. All good stuff but, still ... stuff. LOL Here are some pics. Anyone from the Collegeville PA area? Looking for a mechanic to do a once over.. Thanks again for having me, so many users already helped me so thank you!
20211110_191201.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Looks good! I am nowhere near PA, but what are you wanting as far as a once over is concerned. We all might be able to walk you through what you want to check, so then you will know and also learn in the process. Just a thought. :)

That is
Sorry for the late reply, had some "stuff" going on.. All good stuff but, still ... stuff. LOL Here are some pics. Anyone from the Collegeville PA area? Looking for a mechanic to do a once over.. Thanks again for having me, so many users already helped me so thank you!
20211110_191201.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
That is one nice car...Now that you have had time, how come it's not car show clean.

Looks good! I am nowhere near PA, but what are you wanting as far as a once over is concerned. We all might be able to walk you through what you want to check, so then you will know and also learn in the process. Just a thought. :)
Thx! So, I guess I should have been more specific. :) I literally took the interior out of the car dash and all. Fixed a bunch of little stuff like lights, wires etc... Of course, found rust (sold with the bold NO RUST in the ad) But, expected to find it. I will say, it was only on the passenger side floor and it did seem like it was recent. Ran a hose over the car and water dripped down onto the floor. I will figure out where it came from at some point..., wire wheeled it, cleaned it, rust primed it, rust painted it then covered it with some undercoat until I can have the floor pans replaced. (pic attached of the products I used as an FYI) Second issue I found so far was the steering wheel clamped in place yup, clamped together pic below and here is the link to my steering column thread if interested. Third is a body concern, the hatch is off at the bottom but, looks fine at the roof-line (see pics). otherwise "to me" so far the car seems good, seems to run awesome. I am fantastic at replacing broken stuff once I know what it is and I love working on things period this is no different but, I am no mechanic so, I have questions related to: is it running right? Why is the rear passenger brake line running through the inside of the car? Is that the way it was? Why does the car vibrate while driving? I did find the transmission cross-member bushings are shot so, I bought a new cross-member with bushings and will be replacing that hopefully next week. At this point I haven't spent "real" money on the little things so, I am in no way complaining. To be honest, the steering wheel clamp is what threw me into uh oh what else do I not know about?? Right now just trying to get through the rest of the car to determine if there are any serious safety issues. I want to take my family out in this baby in the spring!! I have all winter to check it out but, I don't know any mechanics in the area which is why I posted that question. I can always play directory roulette... :cool:
20211101_200519.jpg
20211205_165140.jpg
20211205_165147.jpg
20211205_165204.jpg
20211017_092803.jpg