Zex Nitrous Kit

Koniz

Apr 3, 2005
Geneseo, IL
Hey i am looking to put nitrous on my 05 I am looking at the Zex, I was wondering will I need a tune for a 175 shot and if so could I go to any dyno shop and get a tune or do I have to buy a stupid Tuner, if anyone could answer my question I would really appreciate it. Oh almost forgot the motor is stock

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldnt go past the 75 shot setting with the stock tune and 91 octane fuel. Seems like some people with the 125 shot setting are melting spark plugs and having to go one step colder. As far as the tuner goes, just part of modding your car. Good luck to ya. :nice:

Step 7: Check Fuel Quality & Ignition Timing
The last thing to do before enjoying your new nitrous system is to ensure that premium fuel (92 R/M Octane or
better) is in the fuel tank and that your ignition timing is programmed correctly. All recommended ignition
timing retard amounts, in the Tune-Up Specs, are calculated off of the base, stock ignition table. It is not
recommended to go above 75hp without an ECU reprogram, designed for nitrous. If the correct ignition timing
program is not used for the higher horsepower settings, severe engine damage may occur from detonation.
That is from the instructions on the 2005 Mustang kit.
I really don't like ZEX instructions but you get the point from this paragraph.