‘83 T-top Coupe - It’s Too Cold

• Sponsors (?)

Difference in TN is we think we can handle it. Not so much, we have had a bit more than normal this year.
Then again TN doesn't know what it wants to be weather wise when it grows up. Mid 60s yesterday, freezing rain tomorrow night..
Ice is something we tend to get our fair share of unfortunately.

Repair with mat and gel, then fill and smooth with this.
No, it’s not on a Vette, but Olds fiberglass is old fiberglass, as is King and Conn.
In that case it would work really well.

Rage also has an extreme line. This is their top of the line filler. It would probably be the best for fiberglass because it’s a slightly less viscous filler. It would fill the voids easier. Pricey :poo: though.

I’m not using it myself for that reason, and that my supplier couldn’t get it in the smaller volume amount. When I’m finally at the bodywork stage on the body, I’ll probably buy it.

That said, the ultra is still just about the best filler I’ve used. Very easy to sand and shape.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
I'm north of Dallas and it started raining yesterday afternoon, then turned to sleet overnight and now it's snowing pretty good until this afternoon... looking at this though keep in mind 95% of what's on the ground is ice and not snow, which is what really shuts things down here. It also won't get above freezing until Saturday so no melting, and we don't salt the roads here for the most part.
DNFpa0U.jpg

Hd4Xju4.jpg

I'm north of Dallas and it started raining yesterday afternoon, then turned to sleet overnight and now it's snowing pretty good until this afternoon... looking at this though keep in mind 95% of what's on the ground is ice and not snow, which is what really shuts things down here. It also won't get above freezing until Saturday so no melting, and we don't salt the roads here for the most part.
DNFpa0U.jpg

Hd4Xju4.jpg
We got right at 8” at my house nick. We’re supposed to get a couple more today.

It was nice having the road to myself on the way to work this morning I have to admit. :nice:

Freezing rain is the worst of the worst.... Then to have a thaw and a refreeze is some really slick stuff....

That's early spring in these parts. You'll get a good rain in the daytime which washes the salt off the road. Then the temps cool below freezing and it's a hockey rink out there.

Driving in snow is easy. Depending on the texture and ratio of water/snow, you can get some pretty good traction in it. It's ice that is impossible. At least here, every town has their own fleet of salt/sanders at the ready, so at the first sign of ice they get out on the roads and treat them.

Reactions: 1 user
DNFpa0U.jpg

Hd4Xju4.jpg
Yuck. Ill be up there this week for work, hope all that crap is gone.

That's early spring in these parts. You'll get a good rain in the daytime which washes the salt off the road. Then the temps cool below freezing and it's a hockey rink out there.

Driving in snow is easy. Depending on the texture and ratio of water/snow, you can get some pretty good traction in it. It's ice that is impossible. At least here, every town has their own fleet of salt/sanders at the ready, so at the first sign of ice they get out on the roads and treat them.
I have seen Subaru's with 4 studded tires that do amazing things on icy roads......

So I ordered a new 1/2” belt sander. I had one from harbor freight before, it got worn out. I decided to upgrade to one from Walmart.:chin

I got a couple boxes of 36grit belts for it too. The belts were more expensive than the sander, lol.

Basically I’m getting everything I need for when I get the next nice weather day. When that happens, I’ll post pictures.

Reactions: 2 users