01 GT Broke Down This Morning

• Sponsors (?)

Take the IAC off and spray it with carb cleaner. After it's cleaned, spray some WD40 in it. That should fix it.

The check engine light only came on because the car died and the key is in the 'on' position. It isn't related to this problem.

Most of the time cleaning IAC do not work. when my IAC went X3 in the past, cleaning didn't work x2. last one was not because of IAC, but i had massive vaccum leak at the PCV groumet.
Infact, story of cleaning IAC actualy fix the issue is prety much few and far between.

Remenber, if IAC dies out of nowhere, its likely not because of carbon buildup(which there would be a some sort of simptoms that would progressively worsen), but rather either electrical or mechanical failer.
No amount of cleaner isn't gonna fix that.

Go to AutoZone. Buy IAC(Around $50~60 i think?) and try it. if it fix the probrem, thats good. and if not, then wipe it clean, stick it back in the box, and returned it
thats what I did the last time

Most of the time cleaning IAC do not work. when my IAC went X3 in the past, cleaning didn't work x2. last one was not because of IAC, but i had massive vaccum leak at the PCV groumet.
Infact, story of cleaning IAC actualy fix the issue is prety much few and far between.

Remenber, if IAC dies out of nowhere, its likely not because of carbon buildup(which there would be a some sort of simptoms that would progressively worsen), but rather either electrical or mechanical failer.
No amount of cleaner isn't gonna fix that.

Go to AutoZone. Buy IAC(Around $50~60 i think?) and try it. if it fix the probrem, thats good. and if not, then wipe it clean, stick it back in the box, and returned it
thats what I did the last time

Cleaning mine worked everytime :shrug: Once a year does the trick, unless it breaks which is uncommon from what I hear. I could be wrong though