01 Stang Gt Front Not Lining Up?

JayD089

Nov 25, 2014
20141125_164347_zpseik5dkb7.jpg
Hey all,
Just bought myself an 01 mustang gt. I bought it with some issues I'd take care of myself. But body work. I'm not good. Maybe I can get advice. My hood is not going low enough to meet the grill. Advice would be great!

Attachments

• 20141125_164347_zpseik5dkb7.jpg
    20141125_164347_zpseik5dkb7.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Sponsors (?)

That's because the hood is from a 2003 or 2004 Cobra. Those hoods aren't designed to fit on the GT without some modification to the GT bumper, OR buying a new front bumper to match up with the hood.

Someone else can probably chime in with regarding the modification to the GT bumper that would make it line up as I can't recall what that may have been right now.

That's because the hood is from a 2003 or 2004 Cobra. Those hoods aren't designed to fit on the GT without some modification to the GT bumper, OR buying a new front bumper to match up with the hood.

Someone else can probably chime in with regarding the modification to the GT bumper that would make it line up as I can't recall what that may have been right now.
So all I need to do is buy the gt hood and it will be all square?

So all I need to do is buy the gt hood and it will be all square?

Yep! Or buy an '03/'04 Cobra front bumper. I don't know how prices would compare on new items but unless you can find a steal on a GT hood that's already finished with the same color as your car, it may be cheaper to get the Cobra bumper (as long as it comes with the Cobra fog lights).

If you decide to part with the Cobra hood, you won't have much difficulty selling it off.

If you go the with an 03/4 Cobra bumper, get a factory one. I believe some of the aftermarket Cobra noses are designed to fit the GT hood. Or an aftermarket copy of your hood from Cervini's. That hood is meant to work with GT noses. Other companies maybe that way also.

If you go the with an 03/4 Cobra bumper, get a factory one. I believe some of the aftermarket Cobra noses are designed to fit the GT hood.

You know what, it just dawned on me that this is what I was probably thinking of in my previous post. I swear I've seen something somewhere about the Cobra bumper being slightly altered (spacers or something at the upper mount points maybe???) to fit on a GT with the stock GT hood.

I guess it wasn't the Cobra hood fitting with the GT bumper then.

You know what, it just dawned on me that this is what I was probably thinking of in my previous post. I swear I've seen something somewhere about the Cobra bumper being slightly altered (spacers or something at the upper mount points maybe???) to fit on a GT with the stock GT hood.

I guess it wasn't the Cobra hood fitting with the GT bumper then.
:nice:

Post some pics when you've got it changed out!

As promised here she is. Sitting much better. Thanks alot! Next I need a rocker panel cap. Missing one =/
20141128_152047_zpssyisa5c9.jpg
20141128_152052_zps3erpozvd.jpg

Attachments

• 20141128_152047_zpssyisa5c9.jpg
    20141128_152047_zpssyisa5c9.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 20141128_152052_zps3erpozvd.jpg
    20141128_152052_zps3erpozvd.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 86
Hey i have a quick concern. Does the hood still look to high above the headlights?

Not from what I can tell in the pictures. The leading edge of the hood appears to line up with those leading "points" on the fenders so that's good. Check the gaps all around the hood...make sure they're even. The hood is fairly easily adjustable if you think something isn't lining up.