03 Rear Lights Rewire

Drastang

Jan 26, 2015
Had fuse blow and replaced it and now my break lights wont work(top as well). all bulbs appear fine but both are out and fuse is fine...so guessing I got a fried wire. how hard will this be..I'm broke/only car will be a home job any tips?

also pretty surea wire fried because I now remember my lights having a flash keeping tone with engine that was gone the day the fuse blew and after replacement

• Sponsors (?)

Is it jsut the brake lights, or do turn signals not work as well? If it is just the brakes, you should check the pedal switch, make sure it is working. What you need to do is get a multi-meter and start testing. The switch. The fuse junction. See if you have power in, and power out from the fuse. You could have cut the line from the switch, it shorted when you cut it, and not, it wont pop the fuse because it isn't grounding out. Start there and work your way back.

5 speed I have a black upper switch testing fine and a lower- light green switch that I have yet to test in fear of destroying it the wires run inside it's case which of the 2 is the brake light switch?