Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I've ever tried Cuban. Being down near Houston you don't see too many Cuban joints. Sounds interesting...
There are lots of dishes but some examples are (if you Google Cuban food, some of these probably show up):
- black beans with rice, chicken, steak or pork (if it's a special occasion, we will slow roast a pig that has been marinated for at least 1 night), fried plantains and/or yucca
- rice with ropa vieja (shredded beef with tomato sauce and spices)
- rice with picadillo (ground beef with tomato sauce and spices)
- pan con bistec (steak sandwich with onions and potato sticks)
- paella with seafood
...and now I'm hungry. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Well, the keys are all about fishing, drinking, and lounging and there aren't many decent beaches (nonexistent in Key West).The only times I would spend more than an afternoon there were vacations with my wife's family where, you guessed it, we would go out fishing everyday. I enjoyed those vacations but I'm pointing out that there isn't much else. I visit family in Miami several times a year. If I'm down there the next time you vacation there, I can at least direct you to my grandma's house for some real home cooked Cuban food...if that's your thing of course.

We experienced Cuban food the last time we were on key west. Now it's typically we try to find when we're down here ( I like the Ropa Vieja)

Mof, just had some, great little place in ft lauderdale.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, the keys are all about fishing, drinking, and lounging and there aren't many decent beaches (nonexistent in Key West).The only times I would spend more than an afternoon there were vacations with my wife's family where, you guessed it, we would go out fishing everyday. I enjoyed those vacations but I'm pointing out that there isn't much else. I visit family in Miami several times a year. If I'm down there the next time you vacation there, I can at least direct you to my grandma's house for some real home cooked Cuban food...if that's your thing of course.

Soooo, all there is to do is fish and drink huh?

Gawd, sounds terrible, got to admit.....

You'd be verrrrry surprised how quickly it can get old.
Ya know I'm certainly one to partake. Especially now that I've decided to start sampling different whiskeys, bourbons, and scotches. But,...with every sampling "event" comes the usual headache at 3AM.

I'm not fond of the 3AM headache.

I much prefer the 3AM snore.

Drinking only goes so far for me. One bout with the 3AM headache usually finds me going days w/o even as much as a beer.

Days.

So,...After celebrating the start of the vacation comes the 3AM headache. Followed by days of strict non-alcohol.

Now, add in the fact that nobody wanted to go fishing, snorkeling, or even on a boat ride past the reef, and you got me....not drinkin with the rest of them, (which is all they wanted to do) not layin by the pool in the freakin' 88 degree sun (which is all they wanted to do)........doing nothin but waiting.......till the day to go home.

Yeah, drinkin and fishin gets real old quick,......especially when the drinkin is the main priority.

Soooo, all there is to do is fish and drink huh?

Gawd, sounds terrible, got to admit.....
I honestly can't tell if there is sarcasm there or not but I assume there is.

I usually find my time there fun, especially with a group of family and friends. But take away the fishing, and all that's left is drinking and I get bored with drinking and lounging for too long. That's just me but I'm sure that's fine for others. I was just pointing out there isn't a lot to do...not speaking ill of it one way or the other.

Want a call?
If I'm actually standing in front of the car Thursday, that'd be great. It never fails. I got a call last night from a customer that got hit by lightning and now his TV has lines in the pic. Another during the vacation cant get his remote to work.

It'll be money, it'll be quick, or it'll be quick money. I'll just have to see how it goes.

Today I decided to change the way time is marked with regard to painting a car.

There's BD....
And AD.

That's Before Dave, And After Dave.

Before Dave, I dreaded the process of spraying primer from the gun. Even following the instructions exactly, the results I got were always crap.
But then there's Dave.
Dave being a professional painter, and clearly being of sounder mind than the author, Dave managed to point me in the right direction after a simple phone call.
I told Dave what was going on, and what I had for material....

He thinks about it for a second.....

You gotta add reducer. You're trying to spray tar. He recommended that I add reducer to the 2k primer at a ratio of 4:1:1.

That's 4 parts primer, 1 part activator, and one part reducer.

So that's what I did.

What I got was paint. That sprayed out of the gun. And although it's the same shot that has been shown a million times,....

B99D199F-D774-44DD-8BB9-F23662689701_zpsqokejcdz.jpg

There's no sand in the paint. I think I'm down to one more blocking.........maybe.

I asked Iowa Nick what he thought of how it came out ........@95BlueStallion, as he always has some words of wisdom to lend to the build...
295386_709751755349_71806570_35404386_1281303_n_zps23xuimze.jpg

Also Thanks go to to the never tiring Dave @Davedacarpainter

I told Dave If I could just get this damn thing in paint, the build would march along exponentially...

Today, I got a little closer.

Reactions: 10 users
Today I decided to change the way time is marked with regard to painting a car.

There's BD....
And AD.

That's Before Dave, And After Dave.

Before Dave, I dreaded the process of spraying primer from the gun. Even following the instructions exactly, the results I got were always crap.
But then there's Dave.
Dave being a professional painter, and clearly being of sounder mind than the author, Dave managed to point me in the right direction after a simple phone call.
I told Dave what was going on, and what I had for material....

He thinks about it for a second.....

You gotta add reducer. You're trying to spray tar. He recommended that I add reducer to the 2k primer at a ratio of 4:1:1.

That's 4 parts primer, 1 part activator, and one part reducer.

So that's what I did.

What I got was paint. That sprayed out of the gun. And although it's the same shot that has been shown a million times,....

B99D199F-D774-44DD-8BB9-F23662689701_zpsqokejcdz.jpg

There's no sand in the paint. I think I'm down to one more blocking.........maybe.

I asked Iowa Nick what he thought of how it came out ........@95BlueStallion, as he always has some words of wisdom to lend to the build...
295386_709751755349_71806570_35404386_1281303_n_zps23xuimze.jpg

Also Thanks go to to the never tiring Dave @Davedacarpainter

I told Dave If I could just get this damn thing in paint, the build would march along exponentially...

Today, I got a little closer.

Congrats Mike. :nice:

And yeah, Dave is awesome. :nice:

Status
Not open for further replies.