Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20160801-170730.png
It would appear that simple but it's not. The device has to be able to run a complete app... most tablets are not capable..
A dash mounted Q1 would/could do it but I would have to reaserch/beat head on wall to give a complete answer.

• Sponsors (?)

It would appear that simple but it's not. The device has to be able to run a complete app... most tablets are not capable..
A dash mounted Q1 would/could do it but I would have to reaserch/beat head on wall to give a complete answer.
Would be an interesting item to have in a car, especially one that data logs or changes tunes on the fly. maybe a bit overkill for this and many builds and definitely a magnet for every ne'er do well that walks by an unattended vehicle.

Reactions: 1 user
I've already thought about it, believe me. As cool and as customizable as the Tunerstudio gauge layout is, the benefit to being able to integrate a live computer into the everyday operations as an alternative to a gauge assortment was "....considered.

For a minute.

Reactions: 2 users
Plenty of people have custom setups with Android tablets. Actually, a co-worker of mine just did this with a nexus tablet in his BMW. I can get the info on the setup from him if any of you are interested. You might be able to adapt the same hardware for a tablet that runs Windows OS. I can see what I find if you want. I've been thinking of the possibility of a similar setup as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Just so you all know,......

I am not accommodating an on board computer In any version (other than the ECU). No Laptops' held on with velcro, No built in drawers for Win 8 tablets,

No, No, No.

When the car is tuned,...The computer comes back upstairs to be used as a portal to dog cuss the lot of ya.

Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.