Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm glad that I could play a part in your build @madmike1157 no matter how small it may be! I haven't had the luxury of time that I would like to spend combing the posts here like I once had but I'm looking forward to catching up on a few builds here over the weekend!

Reactions: 1 user
Ok,....If you've been looking in on Dave's thread, You'll know that there is progress towards the end run.

(He took a pic of me,.....Looking old, curmudgeonly and too tired to even stand up straight).

I'm not happy about that.

Not happy at all.

I'm also most unhappy about the 3 +/- hours total sleep I've had so far today.

For those that can't be bothered with a Google search,....Nosforatu means "Not of this earth"

It's the original Dracula movie.

How this guy does what he does each and every day working on this level of sleep is beyond me. As for me,....I'm dead tired.
As for Dave,.....the "un-dead" don't sleep.

What I am happy with is the way the paint has laid out. Taken into consideration that I was gonna get "foreign contaminants" into my paint as a result of trying to paint it in a garage was fully expected by me,....as for Dave,...he was visibly disappointed.

(It's a freakin' garage,...I don't know what he was expecting)
The problem actually is the exhaust filters plugged. Once they stopped moving air, the supply fans started feeding on them selves, and stated pulling air from inside the garage. Once that started happening, old dust that was just laying around waiting to get messed with decided to jump into the fray.

Just to fck with Dave.

So,..to go on record, so far I'm elated.

What little bit of dust that has found it's way into the paint is only a cut and buff away from perfection. If I could make the red car look good (and it had a terrible paint job) I know I can makes Dave's great paint job look brilliant.

Reactions: 8 users
Ok,....If you've been looking in on Dave's thread, You'll know that there is progress towards the end run.

(He took a pic of me,.....Looking old, curmudgeonly and too tired to even stand up straight).

I'm not happy about that.

Not happy at all.

I'm also most unhappy about the 3 +/- hours total sleep I've had so far today.

For those that can't be bothered with a Google search,....Nosforatu means "Not of this earth"

It's the original Dracula movie.

How this guy does what he does each and every day working on this level of sleep is beyond me. As for me,....I'm dead tired.
As for Dave,.....the "un-dead" don't sleep.

What I am happy with is the way the paint has laid out. Taken into consideration that I was gonna get "foreign contaminants" into my paint as a result of trying to paint it in a garage was fully expected by me,....as for Dave,...he was visibly disappointed.

(It's a freakin' garage,...I don't know what he was expecting)
The problem actually is the exhaust filters plugged. Once they stopped moving air, the supply fans started feeding on them selves, and stated pulling air from inside the garage. Once that started happening, old dust that was just laying around waiting to get messed with decided to jump into the fray.

Just to fck with Dave.

So,..to go on record, so far I'm elated.

What little bit of dust that has found it's way into the paint is only a cut and buff away from perfection. If I could make the red car look good (and it had a terrible paint job) I know I can makes Dave's great paint job look brilliant.

That's great man! Very happy for you. Can't wait to see the final product. Hats off to @Davedacarpainter ! Too cool!

Reactions: 2 users
So Dave.
What is the Monster like in person?
I imagine it's better than the pics lol

Also-
Did you get to ride in the little car?
@Davedacarpainter
I did, it's a fun little car. I wouldn't mind having one but Mike won't give me it! Last car I paint for him.

Truthfully, I really like mini's.

Reactions: 3 users
It's a fact that artificial light is more harsh than direct sunlight when judging paint work ...

Direct sunlight, however is like a dark bar, and an ugly girl.......

Everything looks much better then..

20160806_115808_zpsanbgj0ry.jpg

The hood. The proverbial "ugly girl in the dark bar". Turned out beautifully. Dave finessed it for two hours last night, but other than a couple of small oversights on my part, all it took from him was the eye of a professional, and the skill to know how to persuade it to do what he wanted it to do.

It really looks good guys. The nostrils are so close to each other (not perfect) that it's almost a shame to cover them in satin black.

But that's gonna happen.

Now the Monster's turn. He's back inside, up on jackstands, and completely masked. This time There'll be no filters on the exhaust fans to plug up, as I'm not gonna replace the filters....That sht 's goin' straight out the door. (Yeah, that's me,....Mr. concerned environmentalist,...just blowing all kinds of orange VOC's out into the atmosphere.....)

20160806_115827_zpshff82oio.jpg

And then there's Dave.....the never tiring Dave..

20160806_120009_zpsrg7odb0j.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
Status
Not open for further replies.