Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,...It'd be different if I didn't just gush over it. I genuinely find it funny. There has got to be.....what....5-6 guys that hate me so bad here that they have it set to permanently ignore what I say., yet I got 10k likes.

It's the same way in reality...there are those that like me,...and there are guys that'd just as soon punch me when I walk up.

Actually, you could strip the "like-o-meter" completely from my screen name for all the difference it makes to me. Coming from somebody that cannot imagine the equivalency of a "like" in a real life conversation.
I think that would have to go something like this:

* Me and another guy hanging around in my garage:

Me: I just finished the throttle body mock up, whatdya think?
Hanging around Dude: (No words,....just a Thumb up.)
Me: I think I'm gonna go ahead, and use the exhaust donuts and make a box to cover them up, instead of using six individual filters, whatya think?
Hanging around Dude: ( No words,....just a thumb up.)
Me: Ya 'spose that I could get away with a 3" cone style filter and put it in a one gallon paint can w/ a feed tube ducting ram air to it from under the bumper? a one gallon paint can may be a little tight around the outside ...depends on the circumference of the filter. What do you think?

Hanging around Dude: "Cool!"

Me: Please leave.

My problem is that I expect a real answer, input, criticism, or advice when I ask a question, not a F.B. pat on the head.

Pat, pat, pat. Good boy.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I’ve offered a few possible solutions lately and didn’t get so much as a GFY. Guess I’ll go back to being the hangin around guy. ;)

Now now Collin....That isn't exactly accurate. But fact checking here is very easy....I just had to go back six pages.

OH oh oh!!! I might be able to help. A few months ago, we cleaned out my great-grandparents garage (think - Hoarders) and I came home with a couple teflon sheets. I just moved them the other day wondering what in the phvck I was ever going to do with them. I want to say they're somewhere around 12x12x1/2". If you want them, they're yours.

I appreciate that Collin...I'm stepping back. I don't know if 1/2" is thick enough.

Ultimately, I need to build a tube transition in between...it'll be the easiest way to change that oval base that is on the throttle body to the round port opening on the head... Problem is,...I can't extend them off the head straight out very far..port 6 will ram into the power brake booster.

Last edited:
See how entertaining your ranting can be Mike. I like your crap because I like you. Plus it has some value to me possibly in the future.

Plus some of the responses can be pretty entertaining.

There you go boy, good boy......now shut up and post more pictures.

Reactions: 1 user
And for the rest that responded..I don't expect everybody to offer a different path when I offer something up,..And I know a "like" is a way to let me know people are out there paying attention...but there are some guys that get on here, and blanket like everything I say, or have said.
It's not uncommon for me to get online and have 7 likes from the same person all at once. They got online, read what they've missed, and liked everything.

I'm just not somebody that tolerates some of society's norms...

You guys should go out for a beer with me....As long as you keep your face out of your phone we'll have a good time. The wife is guilty of checking up on her BFF's texts, and constantly using google to settle arguments, so sometimes..I get a little testy with her...( (As much as I can w/o starting a war).

And that brings me around to the latest assortment of items for my CAI:

This:
RU-5111_dim.jpg

Goes inside this:

behr-paint-buckets-lids-96601-64_1000.jpg

That's attached to this:
starting-collars-scf6-64_1000.jpg

That will have this clamped to it:
everbilt-flexible-ductwork-a068-4-ahd-64_1000.jpg

That's coupled to this:

master-flow-register-boxes-90rb12x4x6-64_1000.jpg

That I'll add the necessary appearance items to make it look like I didn't just go to Home Depot and buy a bunch of heating and cooling duct work, and a metal paint bucket to make a cold air/ram air intake setup.:rolleyes:

You guys should go out for a beer with me....As long as you keep your face out of your phone we'll have a good time. The wife is guilty of checking up on her BFF's texts, and constantly using google to settle arguments, so sometimes..I get a little testy with her...( (As much as I can w/o starting a war).
See, if you pick up your phone when drinking a beer with mike, he starts wanting to play peekaboo with you:D
6F8175C0-AFCD-4EA4-BD97-9B27A705388D.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
According to the miss-use of other graphs banded about, the LS engines or your 250 I6 should have a 106 lobe split.

But the LS engines have to have have no less than 112, and factory Normally aspriated, they like 117.5. Or 122.5 if boosted. 122.5....why?

Long rods, long stroke, look after MAF vacuum, a differnt world to the information provided in the early Noughties.

Any time you have an auto with ITB's, long stroke, and aa 1.5:1 Lenth of rod to stroke ratio, don't use the David Vizard chart. Its not that its wrong, its that it relates to a carb engine SBC with 0.8 whatever valve lifter...Not the same

LCA_Determination.jpg

I'd love to convert these LB-FT readings to peak power RPM....in formation out of context is a pretext, and what is happing here is happeing with a short stroke, big bore V8 with longish rods....It ain't an over exhausted canted valve auto Ford in line six.

lclcomp.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA2nEK3ximAyWTKmGilHimc8xKPr5viJggdXQKzPPtgnbh82xl9A.jpg

I feel like I've been absent from school(this thread) for too long. :eek: I was so far behind!! It took me 3 days to catch-up. I think I was 10 pages behind in the progress of the thread.

I had to read almost everything @xecute posted a few times before I understood it but it was very impressive and informative...tho I probably will never get a chance to use most of this new knowledge.

Mike, I feel like we've been buddies for a long time, except I don't say a whole lot...but I listen and pay attention a lot to the things you say and do here. I'm the kinda guy that learns from others mistakes and accmplishments and that's exactly what's going on when I read your posts. You create, screw-up, fix, screw-up again, fix again, start over, kinda screw-up, have an ah ha moment, and perfect things that I had no knowledge of or just don't have the confidence to even start. So most of the time I just give the generic "like" to let you know I, just like the others, am paying close attention. :D

There were so many posts I wanted to comment on but I figured the comments would be irrelevant considering how far behind I was.:shrug:. But...the paint can, it seems like it will be too small for the filter and the amount of airspace needed around the filter for it to be beneficial. But maybe I'm just not getting the vision. But I deliver paint for Sherwin-Williams as my 2nd job so I'm very familiar with 1-gallon paint cans.:p

CarMichael Angelo said:
,Ya 'spose that I could get away with a 3" cone style filter and put it in a one gallon paint can w/ a feed tube ducting ram air to it from under the bumper? a one gallon paint can may be a little tight around the outside ...depends on the circumference of the filter. What do you think?

Hanging around Dude: "Cool!"

Can the idea, CMA.If that aint enough to set off Cousin Meat, i dunno what is.

I'm all for freedom, but the occassional lynching is good for bad offenders...and that paint can is pretty much like this....

TOILET.jpg

Gentlemen, lets take this man out and shoot him.....

While your doing that, like Gary Busey in the Apprentice, I’m thinking about a clown on a bicycle that goes across a string on two points.....

Its a car, not KC's Paint Shop....

Last edited:
You guys........:nonono:. You don't know how "locked on" to using the stuff I pictured that I am.

The car doesn't know that the stuff I'm using was intended for a home based solution. When I'm finished, neither will any human.

I could attempt to fabricate a one piece "car themed" solution to duct air into the intake box out of aluminum w/ various bends and angles that would look way more cobbled than the pieces that I've chosen to do this with. It'd also be different if you would even be able to see one inch of any of it once it's all bolted in an hangin'.
The mouth of the inlet will be fabricated to suit the monster's aesthetics, purely because it can be seen, and that will be attached to the duct vent. That one piece will probably be heavier than the entire hodgepodge collection that'll make up the rest of the CAI.

Give it a minute, before you throw rocks at it....The LF tire will already be doing that.:rolleyes:

You guys........:nonono:. You don't know how "locked on" to using the stuff I pictured that I am.

The car doesn't know that the stuff I'm using was intended for a home based solution. When I'm finished, neither will any human.

I could attempt to fabricate a one piece "car themed" solution to duct air into the intake box out of aluminum w/ various bends and angles that would look way more cobbled than the pieces that I've chosen to do this with. It'd also be different if you would even be able to see one inch of any of it once it's all bolted in an hangin'.
The mouth of the inlet will be fabricated to suit the monster's aesthetics, purely because it can be seen, and that will be attached to the duct vent. That one piece will probably be heavier than the entire hodgepodge collection that'll make up the rest of the CAI.

Give it a minute, before you throw rocks at it....The LF tire will already be doing that.:rolleyes:

The guys giving you crap must not remember the trunk venting.

It's not gonna work anyway...it's simply too big, and there's not enough space to make that turn with that big diameter tubing.

Now I can do it with 4" stuff,....but the 6" diameter junk isn't gonna fit.

So,...rejoice anti-home implement - used in automotive applications detractors....I have to adapt my plan.

On the other side where the turbo was, the inlet filter was a 4" i.d. K&N piece. And the filter itself just hung in the front fender....

And I obsessed over the fact that it was exposed to tire spray, and water puddle splooshes the one time I was caught out in the rain.

Now I intend to keep the paint bucket as my air box to eliminate the water infiltration concerns. That 3" I.d. filter I posted a pic of earlier fits inside the bucket w/ ample room around the circumference. In its simplest iteration, I could simply hang that thing in the driver side fender and be done with it. But the logic is that there's this air box thing hanging right above a frontal area blocked from a pressurized air source. Why wouldn't I just go ahead and do what has to be done to take advantage of that?:shrug:

I do have 4" aluminum tubing, and the necessary couplers that would allow me to stick a piece of that 4" tubing forward beneath the bumper. I could flatten one ene to make it oval instead of round....then cover it in some sort of mesh similar to the stuff I used on the hood. I have a silicone 90* coupler, and a 45* coupler that will pretty much let me route that stuff back to my paint can airbox..then simply cut a hole in the paint can and fix that tubing to one end...

But will that be big enough?

The steel donuts that I'll make my TB bellmouths out of are here.

IMAG0035.jpg

The challenge will be to cut that thing in half along the scribed line...

I ain't buying anymore of those things..

Reactions: 1 users
I "LIKED" that post. :D

Some reality in it!

Stock 3.3 inlet collector locked under the passenger side fender looked cool. Its a hidden part you don't see often. Its a factory Steam Punk part.

It needs more Cow Bell. and Clowns,Don't forget the clowns.....

I'll come back when I can be some sensible help.

Status
Not open for further replies.