Electrical 2017 seats into 67 Mustang

I need help on putting 2017 power seats into 67 Mustang. wiring the seats to make them work. How to disable the air bag so it does not pop! I . was told just a 2 wire hookup. But it looks more complicated as they use reverse polarity on the motors.

• Sponsors (?)

Either way, the simplest method would be fused relay, operated from an ignition [On] wire, to a power bus underneath either one of the seats. From that power bus, you would have everything you needs to wire up the seats assuming the switches are already on the seat.

If the seats are heated, you may want more than one relay.

There is a bit more to it than that. The seats have air bags and depending on if they are the base or premium will determine if they will operate with power and ground. Premium seats require a connection to the BCM to work. At least this is what I read on a thread where they were switching from base to premium seats.

I need help on putting 2017 power seats into 67 Mustang. wiring the seats to make them work. How to disable the air bag so it does not pop! I . was told just a 2 wire hookup. But it looks more complicated as they use reverse polarity on the motors.
In 2017 according to information in workshop manual. You have 8 way seat or 6 way seat. Both would be a two wire hook up and there is no connection to ms can or bcm.

So read this thread and you will learn some things…

So read this thread and you will learn some things…

I had to fix the link. My bad. :O_o:

Reactions: 1 user
On the premium seats the module is under the seat so none of the switches are on the seat as they are on the touchscreen in the car. This is how it is on a 2019 California Special that my niece's husband drives daily.

On the premium seats the module is under the seat so none of the switches are on the seat as they are on the touchscreen in the car. This is how it is on a 2019 California Special that my niece's husband drives daily.
Ahh that sucks. I have not paid attention to that. I was thinking we still had individual seat switches as well. I'll look at the next one I get in.

I would be curious to see what you find out as I am basing this off of internet research and looking at pictures so it would be great if someone actually laid their hands on a set to confirm.