Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me neither.

As for the P 51.......everytime I see a version of that pic, I'm always looking at the plane.

Fox Mustangs never compliment the plane, and the plane never needs the distraction.

kinda like........

colleen-shannon-shows-her-bikini-body-next-to-a-1966-ford-mustang-photo-gallery_17.jpg

There's some kind of white car behind that bikini.
Goodness! That sure is a nice car mike!:drool:

• Sponsors (?)

Two things I don't like, the wheels are too big, they got to be at least 20's, though I do like the style of the wheels. I would also paint the grille/light bucket area black.
no, no, no...you like the wheels just the way they are, and you like the paint, just the way it is.

Damn Dave, do i have to decide everything for you?

Reactions: 2 users
Dang Dave your car is going to be very nice! Your thread makes me want to go buy that 4 eye t-top and tear it apart and paint it just like you're doing. You're a bad influence!

Reactions: 4 users
I'm finished with the bodywork on the right fender.

I just need to do the finish blocking. I'm not sure if I'll get to it tomorrow, busy, busy day.

Tomorrow night I'll be getting Robby's hood and rear bumper. I'll try to get them dropped off at the media blaster.

I'll get the grey for the accents tomorrow as well. I'll try to sneak in the bumper this week and get the light buckets and grille done.

So, today's picture is the right fender in the final two coats of primer I sprayed on it.
IMG_2024.JPG

Reactions: 4 users
Looks Gorgeous Dave..
dark charcoal on those rims would look good too.lol
They're still there Chris! People must just be looking at those black pony rims and not paying attention to the tires.

Dark grey with a semigloss finish may look pretty good there buddy.

Now, what else am I supposed to do to Robby?:confused:

Reactions: 1 users
Hey Nick. By trim, I do mean the mouldings around the windows. Also the light buckets and grills area of the bumper. I agree the mirrors need to be the trim color as well.
The bodyside mouldings will be blue.
I'm not sure about the door handles yet, but, at least from a distance, I do like the handles on the blue car you got there.

Whew, I have seen where some folks really like the flat black body side mouldings, but I think that would be a friggin travesty on your car! You had me scared there for a minute. And as for @madmike1157 and the wheels on the Coupri, I think they are BBS RK wheels, and are very hard to find due to no longer being in production. I really dig them in an 18" on a fox or SN.

Reactions: 1 user
They're still there Chris! People must just be looking at those black pony rims and not paying attention to the tires.

Dark grey with a semigloss finish may look pretty good there buddy.

Now, what else am I supposed to do to Robby?:confused:

I'd say that's a sign you need to own them lol :)
What's next? Hopefully a trip to Robby with a fresh carb/battery/tune up stuff/filters /fluids and lucus oil products to see if the old boy is gonna fire up :D

I'd say that's a sign you need to own them lol :)
What's next? Hopefully a trip to Robby with a fresh carb/battery/tune up stuff/filters /fluids and lucus oil products to see if the old boy is gonna fire up :D
Getting close, I'm picking up the hood and rear bumper today.

After they're done I'll get the driver's door. After that is when I'll finally get the car.

Reactions: 1 users
So, I'll admit my attention has been elsewhere lately and I havent had much time to snoop around, so forgive the late question here - are you bringing this car back to your shop one panel at a time, painting it, and then setting it aside?

The color looks great. I think painting my car will be my next big endeavor, but only after I paint my truck first.

So, I'll admit my attention has been elsewhere lately and I havent had much time to snoop around, so forgive the late question here - are you bringing this car back to your shop one panel at a time, painting it, and then setting it aside?

The color looks great. I think painting my car will be my next big endeavor, but only after I paint my truck first.
Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing. Three to go. They go in my storage unit when they are done.

Let me know if I can be of any help with yours.

There actually isn't a car,....there are car pieces.

Pretty, shiny, flawlessly straight Kona blue car pieces.

Reactions: 5 users
I forgot to mention, I think your grey "trim" paint is going to look great against the blue (now that I can sleep at night knowing it isnt going to be a line down the side of your car). Subtle, and more fitting than black would look against the dark blue. Keep chugging away buddy!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.