Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was raiding an 86 for parts in the junkyard, there was a 79 with original paint next to it. Had no interior or engine but the body was all there. Once I knew better I called the place to see if it was still there, 12 years later. Dam it. Pre internet that was a rare find, suppose now it's a google away.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

When I was raiding an 86 for parts in the junkyard, there was a 79 with original paint next to it. Had no interior or engine but the body was all there. Once I knew better I called the place to see if it was still there, 12 years later. Dam it. Pre internet that was a rare find, suppose now it's a google away.
Funny you should mention raiding for parts for an '86, that's exactly what i was doing when i ran across this one.

I keep seein the new title, and every time I see..........

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Funny you should mention raiding for parts for an '86, that's exactly what i was doing when i ran across this one.
Just was getting a wire harness, then I saw the center console hinges weren't broken, and door panels were clean, and seats weren't ripped, and dash didn't have that crack across the little holes. It was like crack, more, more, more!

Reactions: 1 users
Ok, the bumper two toned. I really like the grey. I'll have to get used to the light buckets being that color, once it's assembled and on the car it'll look nice, I think.

I also think that new ford emblem will look real nice in the middle of the grille area.

One inside and one out:
IMG_2038.JPG

IMG_2040.JPG

Reactions: 9 users
Damn dude. Freaking beautiful.

I'm considering replacing panels on my calypso car in the future. They'll need paint. I don't know if I'm good enough to match it... just sayin.

Damn dude. Freaking beautiful.

I'm considering replacing panels on my calypso car in the future. They'll need paint. I don't know if I'm good enough to match it... just sayin.
Yeah, calypso green can be a little challenging to tint. You'll need a mixing bank filled with toners first though.

Yeah, calypso green can be a little challenging to tint. You'll need a mixing bank filled with toners first though.

Mine has got the little prisms in the clear that throw all kinds of color in the the sun. Not my choice, I didn't paint it.. but whoever did spent some money, because it is show finished. I wish i knew what the prisms were called and who mixed it.

Nah Chris, I think the blue field in the emblem will go really nice with the grey.
Ask to borrow Allen's rattle snake gun and tell raggedy that if he don't quit makin "more work" suggestions,...you'll blow his pinky toe clean the :leghump: off.

Then maybe he'll quit coming up with stuff for us to do.

Reactions: 2 users
Everything is looking awesome Dave! Now I can't wait to get to the point of painting my car. I'm sure it's gonna cost me a pretty penny but its well worth it. I just hope the body work will be as perfect as yours so the paint can lay down just as nice. I fell in love with that color when I first laid eyes on it on the 2010 Mustangs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.