All hail the LS!

You must be reading the wrong year's rules. For 2011:

Street Division-
If Carburetion used: Must be commercially available, single plane or dual plane, cast iron or aluminum 4-barrel design
If Fuel Injection used: Must be any commercially available, cast iron, aluminum, or composite material manifold.

So, if you run EFI, you can basically run whatever intake you want, so long as it's commercially available... Yet they all chose to run single plane carb-style EFI intakes... Hmmm...

Oh, and BTW, in the Street division I count 11 Chevys and 4 Fords. I would say that the fact that Chevy engines placed 5 out of the top 6 is simple probability, haha.

You are right, they were the 2012 rules. I wonder why they changed it to only dual plane?

4/15 = 27%, so the Ford should have placed atleast one more time; just splitting hairs with you. :)

I do agree, the ls1 is overrated, but I'm not sure the EMC is the only way to determine the "best" engine for average power between 2500-6500. I'm glad to see they are moving to EFI. I said this years ago - once the R&D budgets increase a bit more in NASCAR, look for them to move that way!

• Sponsors (?)

While I have respect for the LS series of engines, I do not feel that they are the greatest ever made. I would never put one in my fox but that's just me.

I did think about it for my Caddy, but in the end I would rather have the stock 472 it came with. If I did do a swap in that car it would probably be a Duramax.