Another turbo AWD Ford

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Acworth, GA
I bought another turbocharged all wheel drive Ford. It's for the wife, but I usually drive when we are going somewhere together. I think I am developing a problem. My interest in Mustangs is waning a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_20211120_150146044_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211120_150146044_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 106
Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

So does that mean you lost your focus or are more Focused?
There is a significant loss of Focus on my Mustang, which is unfortunate. Just to be clear, I've had the Focus for almost 5 years now; or so CapitalOne says. I just picked up the Fusion Sport on the 19th of last month. Our slowest car has 325hp, and I think that's a pretty good midlife crisis goal. Also, out of 4 vehicles, my Mustang is the only 2 wheel drive vehicle left.

Kurt

DC1E9FCD-98F2-4729-B7C3-866551AEFC3C.jpeg
Aren’t you going to miss having torque?
The Fusion Sport has 380ft/lbs of torque. I'll admit that's a little shy of the 695 ft/lbs my Mustang has. It grunts hard down low, and doesn't turn the tires into powder though. The exhaust has this very rich muscle car tone. I'm loving it. I flew down to Tallahassee, FL to buy this car. It was one of those cars that kind of got lost in the Covid churn; 3 owners, but no one ever actually drove it much. It's a 2019' (the last year it was produced), but it only had 6800 miles on it. I really didn't know much about it when I bought it; only that some of the guys on one of my other car pages were raving about it. I absolutely fell in love on the 250 mile drive home. It's an utterly astounding car. It truly is one of those hidden car treasures that no one knows about.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user
The Fusion Sport has 380ft/lbs of torque. I'll admit that's a little shy of the 695 ft/lbs my Mustang has. It grunts hard down low, and doesn't turn the tires into powder though. The exhaust has this very rich muscle car tone. I'm loving it. I flew down to Tallahassee, FL to buy this car. It was one of those cars that kind of got lost in the Covid churn; 3 owners, but no one ever actually drove it much. It's a 2019' (the last year it was produced), but it only had 6800 miles on it. I really didn't know much about it when I bought it; only that some of the guys on one of my other car pages were raving about it. I absolutely fell in love on the 250 mile drive home. It's an utterly astounding car. It truly is one of those hidden car treasures that no one knows about.

Kurt
A long time ago, I started my passion for modified cars with turbo Hondas, then moved to Subarus. Twin scroll turbos are really amazing with the near instant boost curve. I truly was just trolling for lolz, I’m actually debating selling my Cummins to get into a newer turbo Subaru Forester. All the other cars are my radar are turbo 4 or 6 cylinder, AWD cars.

You haven't driven any of these new cars. These twin scroll turbochargers are in full boost almost instantly.

Kurt
I have driven the smaller sport SUV’s with eco boost, or at least the turbo 4. It can scare the owner.
I bench raced the idea of a turbo on my SHO. I left it alone as my daily driver, but that would have been a blast.

I bought another turbocharged all wheel drive Ford. It's for the wife, but I usually drive when we are going somewhere together. I think I am developing a problem. My interest in Mustangs is waning a bit.
I’ve been interested in the Focus RS since they first came out but still haven’t driven one yet. I did like the Focus ST I took for a spin a few years back. The Fusion sounds intriguing with that drive train. Nice addition.

I have yet to own a turbo car, but I'm eyeing those Explorer ST's pretty hard right now. Would be my first turbo, and yeah i know it's an SUV, but 400HP should be plenty fun.

Problem is i can't find any in rapid red or that nice shade of blue they discontinued for 2022.

Turbo vehicles are fun to drive to me and I've definitely had my fair share already. Only turbo vehicle I own right now is my 6.7 Super duty, but I ordered one of those new Ford Maverick's last week with the 2.0 EB and am curious to see how that thing performs. Last 2.0T engine I messed with was my Audi A3, which was a fun little car. Simple turbo upgrade and basic mods put out over 350whp through the front tires. It was the definition of torque steer.

I have yet to own a turbo car, but I'm eyeing those Explorer ST's pretty hard right now. Would be my first turbo, and yeah i know it's an SUV, but 400HP should be plenty fun.

Problem is i can't find any in rapid red or that nice shade of blue they discontinued for 2022.
I've never owned a turbo vehicle but I'd like for my next vehicle purchase to be something with boost. Driving my friend's JDM EVO rally car a few months back really confirmed the necessity for me.

I’ve been interested in the Focus RS since they first came out but still haven’t driven one yet. I did like the Focus ST I took for a spin a few years back. The Fusion sounds intriguing with that drive train. Nice addition.
It's a lot of fun. You can be at stand still at a stop sign, and make a full throttle right hand turn, and it will exit at 35 mph; never spin a tire, never come out of it's lane.

Kurt

Revhead,
You are going to love it
That said
Change the oil every 1.5k
Get to know Ford Tech Makuloco on YouTube
I drove a 2021 Exploder ST turbo the other day
Loved it
I know they are disposable around 90k
I might get one for my better half