Anti Theft light flashing

I recently purchased an 03 mustang gt. I have a couple of issues with it that im trying to get resolved. The anti left light continues to flash and stays flashing fast then gets slower until it eventually quits flashing after about 5 minutes or so. I bought a diablo tuner for my car and when i tried to install it for some reason it cant tell when i turn the ignition on and i believe this anti theft thing has something to do with it then when i took it to ford they hooked it up to their computer and tried to reinstall the factory tune and it still wont work he said because of the anti theft light flashing and my traction control wont turn off either any help would be appreciated thanks chad

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a PATS issue. (passive anti theft system). Do a search on the site for PATS and see if anyone else has had the same issue; maybe they posted the solution.

well i looked at some other ones and still no real way i replaced the fuse in block #5 one of the forums said that it ran pats but it did nothing when i first turn the key to the on position it just flashes rapidly like a thousand times then slows down then completely goes off after a while does anybody know what could be causing this maybe the key not paired up with the instrument panel i dunno there are so many possibilities i just dont know where to start and i have about 0 bucks to try and take it somewhere and get it fixed

Well Ive got the trac control to work it goes on and off now all i had to do was put a fuse in fuse slot #5 apparently that had something to do with it although nowhere on the manual does it say that fuse #5 had anything to do with the trac control switch but it did say it had to do with PATS but regardless now trac control works so at least i can do a burnout lol that was half of the battle now im gonna call diablo and see if i can get something worked out to fig it out but when i turn the car on it continues to say that it did not see the ignition turn on....thats why i think it PATS but anyways thanks for the help im sure ill figure it out one way or the other