Anyone else have problems with Speedcal?

keepsbreakin

Dec 4, 2003
I am now on my second Speedcal. I had a Mustang specialty shop install this one, and it is still screwed up. The settings are correct for my gears. I have the stock tires and stock TR3650 trans. The speedo jumps all over the place. Mileage is either more or less. Went 10 miles, and it showed 7. On 10 mile return trip it showed 16 miles. Dallas Mustang just says keep sending them back til I get one that works....this sounds stupid. If they can't figure out their own product....how many did you guys use before you got a "good one?"

• Sponsors (?)

keepsbreakin said:
I am now on my second Speedcal. I had a Mustang specialty shop install this one, and it is still screwed up. The settings are correct for my gears. I have the stock tires and stock TR3650 trans. The speedo jumps all over the place. Mileage is either more or less. Went 10 miles, and it showed 7. On 10 mile return trip it showed 16 miles. Dallas Mustang just says keep sending them back til I get one that works....this sounds stupid. If they can't figure out their own product....how many did you guys use before you got a "good one?"

Only problem I have had with my speed cal is when I installed it incorrectly. Otherwise it has performed flawlessly. TriblackCobra (spelling??) is on Stangnet, and he is the person who actually designed the Speedcal, he usually picks these threads up quickly...if you have no luck PM me I have his email info..he is a good guy

I haven't had any probs with mine. The only problem I could probably think of is not having an ESD warning in the instructions, or on the case would be a good place for it. I could easily see how someone would get their fingers in there with out knowing and crush a chip or something. Just a thought :shrug:

Could be the road signs messed up with miles? If you're using that.

There is one I know of that says City 9 miles. 2 miles up the road it says City 13 miles but I'm driving TO the city. Must be a shorter way I don't know about or something?

I got with Triblk. Said there was a batch of Speedcals that had the freak problem mine did. Just have to send it back for another. I have a pre-measured test "track" I use for all my road tests. It is an abandoned farm-to-market road that has enough straight road to get 150mph, and just the right amount of turns that I can take at 70-90mph. Not really abandoned, but has been bypassed by another road, and the only life on that road is a few farmers that I rarely see.

keepsbreakin, again give me that email so I've got a mailing address. I want to make sure you get one I've looked over and am sure works properly as this will be your 3rd SpeedCal which is about 2 too many. Sorry its been such a PITA. If I get it by Monday AM I should be able to get one in the mail on Monday.