Back from the track... And now in the 12 sec club!

forpit2000gt said:
does the car have the factory springs and shocks all around? I said before and will again, If those are are the timeslips, your engine is modded more than you know. It is possible to get to 12's without cams but requires weight savings and a very , very good driver. You would have to power shift. One of the first to ever do it was in Florida. That is about as close to sea level as you can get, in some places , below. That was with around 260 rwhp I think and weight reduction.
Springs = stiff as he|| Sportlines... No drag suspension.
No weight saving, I even had a helmet and a great lunch in the car.

:lol:

• Sponsors (?)

either you have a mild cam that you cant really hear... or you have worked heads

bottom line... you didnt run 107mph traps with just those mods.. im sorry but you are just gonna have to believe that... or you took 300 lbs off your car and you are lying about that

Xcessiv said:
How can I find out if I have cams or any internal work?

It sounds like any Flowmaster + MAC OR h-pipe 4.6L...
from that f-body video, you car sounds NOTHING like a mid pipe and geared 4.6. It revving up a hell of a lot faster and is louder. THe previous owner could have slapped on some ported heads and you wouldnt even know about it.

what are your plugs gapped at?
what was your a/f curve?
do you know your base timing?

mogs01gt said:
what are your plugs gapped at?
what was your a/f curve?
do you know your base timing?
I didn't change the plugs since I bought the car about 4000 miles ago. :bang:

There wasn't any a/f curve when I played with the Predator, I was actually just reading the peak value with a wideband sensor. :nonono:

Unknown base timing.

I'm a brand spanking newbie in the Stang & mods world. :(

See, I told you LOL. The car has some unknown work done. I think a simple set up P&Pd heads would let you trap that high. The guy that just posted has more mods but an auto and is trapping 102. this is very possable due to weather up there. Then your car could possably trap 103s. Add some P&Pd heads, light rear tires, and bingo, 107 trapps. Like I said, some people are really into changing heads first. I think if I took my stang up in that weather it would trap 107-108 easy after the LTs. My correced for sea lv trap was 106.3, so you guys can EASILY see - D.A. in 55* weather.

forpit2000gt said:
does the car have the factory springs and shocks all around? I said before and will again, If those are are the timeslips, your engine is modded more than you know. It is possible to get to 12's without cams but requires weight savings and a very , very good driver. You would have to power shift. One of the first to ever do it was in Florida. That is about as close to sea level as you can get, in some places , below. That was with around 260 rwhp I think and weight reduction.

I'm also a beginner in Drag racing but I don't think even on a floating track that florida gets a Density Altitude close to sea level. :rolleyes:

We often get DA around 100' in september at this track and even DA below sea level during october.

mogs01gt said:
It is impossible for a stock weighted, stock engine GT to trap those speeds with only an H pipe, MAC cold air induction and gears. You have maybe 240rwhp. Predators are junk and that tune will adjust your air/fuel tables and timing. That isnt going to give you the other 60hp you need to run that speed.

stop bull****ting.

only other thing is, did you buy the car used?

I know this guy in real life and all his statement are 100% TRUE

i know one car that was tuned for just bolt ons and stock susp/weight type setup. His car trapped 107 with
a billion dyno pulls/tuning
plenum/tb/spacer
shorties/midpipe/dumps
pullies
3.73s
bogarts up front
and ran regular street tires out back
ON stock gears he went 12.9(without the headers) with 265rwhp or so and with a 1.8 something 60'. HE shifted at 5500 rpms which is the only way to get a stock cammed/headed gt to trap at its potential.

now with h/c more gear and slicks it runs 113, so I KNOW he didnt have cams before

maybe something else im forgetting.

without weight reduction or more mods and -2000' DA's, a 2v is not trapping that high.

now for a car with midpipe/cb/gears/cai to trap the same as his car with every single bolt on...dont think so, I'd have to see it to believe it....especially with my experience with these cars

gts with all of the boltons(lontubes) usually put down withing 5-10rwhp as one with the 3 basic mods of midpipe/tune/gears. The difference at the track comes from that power under the curve gained by pullies/plenum tb/ longtubes.

Xcessiv said:
Thanks!

I'm shifthing at 6K RPM in all gears... I tested some RPM ranges and it really likes to breath.

If your car likes to breath then it most definitely has some form of head work done. Stock 2v heads have a horrible case of asthma that kicks in @ higher revs.

Great times btw, my goal is to (somehow) get my car into the 12s :hail2:

-J