Best non-racing cat back?

sixstringthing

Aug 11, 2003
What's the best cat-back for a daily driver? I want something that sounds nice, deep, throaty etc. when I step on it... I want other people to notice, but I don't want it so loud that it gets annoying, or too much drone etc. I've test driven two stangs that had Flowmasters (stupid me, I forgot to ask what kind both times) and they sounded GREAT, very mean but the drone wasn't annoying at all... too bad I have no clue what they were. What would you guys go with?

• Sponsors (?)

I will say the borla best catback if you plan to take you cats off. if you plan to leave you cats on get bassani. if cost is a real issure look at maganflow/maganpack. Flowmasters=drone. Some people don't mind it. I don't like the fact that they flowmaster catback just robs you of some horsepower. it imay only like 3hp but there are lots of people who spend $150 on a cold air intake that only gives them 3hp.

kind of depends on if you plan on replacing your midpipe. the 4 cats on the car calm down any exhaust.

I recommend the american thunder or force II catback.As far as DRONE .NONE .These guys need to get a life on drone issues :rolleyes: .The older flows or nondelta flows have drone .But the delta flows have zero.I know, i went thru regular flows ,force II,magnacrap,back to american thunder.
The magnaflows had worse drone than the flows and were a LOT louder.

The American Thunder is what you want ... it comes with a pair of (2 chamber) Delta 40s (which is most likely what you heard). Forget the Force II if you're keeping the stock H, it'll be too quiet for you since that system comes with the 3 chamber Delta Flows ... they're not as loud.

I'd recommend the FRPP 2.5 catback. It's stainless steel (made by the OEM manufacturer Arvin), fits perfectly, and imparts an exhaust tone that's a little bit louder than stock but much deeper/throatier. It's also pretty inexpensive for a catback.

And no drone at all!

It's great for a daily driver for which you want a little extra sound to set you apart, yet don't want to scare small children or invite the wrong sort of attention. I really like mine, as do others here who have it... :nice:

sixstringthing said:
What's the best cat-back for a daily driver? I want something that sounds nice, deep, throaty etc. when I step on it... I want other people to notice, but I don't want it so loud that it gets annoying, or too much drone etc. I've test driven two stangs that had Flowmasters (stupid me, I forgot to ask what kind both times) and they sounded GREAT, very mean but the drone wasn't annoying at all... too bad I have no clue what they were. What would you guys go with?[/Q

You sound like me when I went exhaust shopping. I got the MagnaFlow cat-back and couldn't be happier! No drone, quiet at idle, deep and throaty when mashed, not annoying at all. I think it is just what you are looking for. I got a deal on it too. I paid $315 shipped!! Sorry I can't remember the dumpy website, but I found it searching Google. Hope it helps.

john_324 said:
I'd recommend the FRPP 2.5 catback. It's stainless steel (made by the OEM manufacturer Arvin), fits perfectly, and imparts an exhaust tone that's a little bit louder than stock but much deeper/throatier. It's also pretty inexpensive for a catback.

And no drone at all!

It's great for a daily driver for which you want a little extra sound to set you apart, yet don't want to scare small children or invite the wrong sort of attention. I really like mine, as do others here who have it... :nice:

I'll second the FRPP. :nice:

white99gt said:
I recommend the american thunder or force II catback.As far as DRONE .NONE .These guys need to get a life on drone issues :rolleyes: .The older flows or nondelta flows have drone .But the delta flows have zero.I know, i went thru regular flows ,force II,magnacrap,back to american thunder.
The magnaflows had worse drone than the flows and were a LOT louder.

Wow, first person EVER to say Magnaflows drone worse then the Flowmasters.......

If the DeltaFlows have 0 drone, then Michael Jackson likes women.