BURNOUT QUESTION!!

I have what may seem to many a stupid question. I've only owned my GT for a year this month now. It is my first performance car Ive ever owned or driven. What is the proper way to do a burn-out? Ive gotten the car to launch nicely at the light , but have been timid about attempting a burn-out. I am sure there are some experienced members on this forum. :hail2: To be honest I want to know, cause Im hesitant to damage the car. So I figure ask the experts. So guys?...help a brother out.. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

hah, I'm a wimp jsut like you, scared of wrecking something by doin a burnout.

I've tried it once or twice tho, I just held the brake down with my left foot, and had my toe on the clutch and heel on the gas. revved it up a little and let the clutch out until my tires started spinning.

then i got scared and stopped. hahaha

now you can all feel free to laugh at me.

*edit* left foot on clutch, heel on brake, toe on gas...dont know how i came up with what i had there originally..hah

hhahahhahahahah that is funny well the way i have done it a thousand times is to get the rpm's in the high 4k or 5k range of coarse then put your car into first gear by holding down your clutch and chifting into 1st gear all while keeping your rpm's in the 4k or 5k range with your right foot. well after you completed the last 2 parts drop the clutch all the way you car will start a burn out. the secound you release the clutch with your left foot take the left foot and apply the brakes this will keep your car from moving at this time make sure during all this time you keep your right foot on the gas pedal with your rpm's in the 4k or 5k range. hope this helps some might be other ways of doing it this is how i do a burn out and have never damaged anything exept maybr worn out the back brakes a little.

it's actually safer to do a burnout than launch hard as far as breaking something. That being said, neither one is particularly good for the drivertrain ;)

With an auto, keep one foot on the brake and one on the gas, push the gas in while keeping your foot on the brake then let off the brake around 2k and you should spin the tires. With a manual, just let the clutch out real fast while revving. With my stupid truck I have to practically do a 4k RPM clutch drop to break loose the tires :nonono:

so doing a stationary burnout does use the back brakes? I thought that through some magic of car computers the back brakes shut off or something while you were on the throttle :shrug: :bang:

so the force of the engine on the rear wheels is constantly working against the power of your brakes? that doesn't seem like a good thing... :notnice:

best way to do burnout without hurting your rear brake is to use "line lock." It will only initiate the front brake and let the rear tire loose.

for the burn out, I find that using only your right foot is the easiest way. I put and right heel on the brake pedal then my toes on the gas pedal. Rev to 4k, with the left foot, I dump the clutch while holding the rpm and the brake steady. then I let everything out and the car roll forward..

CottonBurnerz said:
best way to do burnout without hurting your rear brake is to use "line lock." It will only initiate the front brake and let the rear tire loose.

for the burn out, I find that using only your right foot is the easiest way. I put and right heel on the brake pedal then my toes on the gas pedal. Rev to 4k, with the left foot, I dump the clutch while holding the rpm and the brake steady. then I let everything out and the car roll forward..

how do u do a line lock? on a auto?

Front brakes are used more heavily than the rear brakes are. Usually 70 / 30 - 60 / 40. This is how you stay stationary for a burnout. The front brakes are keeping the car from moving forward and the rear brakes are engaged as well, but not as much. The power of the engine is overpowering them.

haven't done one yet in my stang. but just rev it up to like 5000 rpm ... dump the clutch and then apply pressure to the brakes to stop the car from moving forward while keeping the rpms up.