Car has been taken in over 20 times. Possible new car?

parkgoons

Dec 28, 2005
Nevada
Ever since my car hit about 10,000 miles everything seems to be falling apart or is breaking. Ive taken the car in over 25 times for warrenty work and I still havent had the car to my self for a whole month. Is there any kind of law that tells Ford they have to replace my car because of how many problems ive had with it? I mean everything from the tranny, interior, drivetrain, now even the engine has had something defective. You name it its probably happend to me. It seems like it would almost be cheaper for the dealer to replace my car than to keep on fixing all the problems. I know a little about the lemon law where they have 3 times to fix it, but they always seem to fix it the 3rd time. Any suggestions would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure when it was made. I can look though. Yes its all warrenty work which only bothers me because I have to drive and fill up a truck with a 497 CI big block. But the car has 31k so only 5k more left of the warrenty then im F**cked.

How strange, sounds like a real fluke to me. *knock on wood* but my GT has seen 64k miles and has been mechanically flawless. The first thing just broke a few months back... The darn sunvisor lock thing. Too easy to fix that =)

Sounds like you've got yourself a nice, sour lemon. Definitely you need to speak with someone in the brass of the Ford dealership for sure.

Sounds to me like a

lemon4ob.jpg

Attachments

• lemon4ob.jpg
    lemon4ob.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 78
Yes its definitly a lemon, if only i could get the ford dealer to squeeze the sour out of it i would be happy. Btw other than that i cant imagine me driving anything but a stang i absolutly love the car when it runs correctly.

Yeah, shouldn't have that many repairs on a newer car like that. Mine is starting to piss me off too. I bought it used with 20k miles...in the 9 months I've owned it, the brake reservoir leaked, the shifter leaked, and its made this horrible rattling noise. Been in the shop probably about 6 times now total....currently having surgery for 2 brand new cylinder heads. What tops the cake is Ford doesn't offer a loaner car. Now I can understand an occassional defective part or something not installed correctly...we're all human. But sometimes it just gets ridiculous and Ford expects us poor sap customers to suffer by having to arrange other transportation because their car is a piece of ****ing ****. Can you tell I'm a little annoyed too?

BTW....what is wrong with your engine?

Yes all the maintenance has been done on it. The first thing that went wrong with it was the A/C compress was totally destroyed. That took them 3 times to fix. Then the TOB went out on me. Then the passenger seat squeeded so bad i could hear it over the music at full blast. They ordered a new seat frame but installed it wrong the seat would move 4 or 5 inches back and forth and rattled like heck. They ended up putting in a new seat because they said the other one was unrepairable. Then I had a ticking noise (thought it was the same thing as the 01 cobra heads) they found something loose in engine compartment and tightend it up. Then the ABS system went out on me, everytime I applied pressure to the brake the ABS system kicked in. They had to replaced the sensors. Then I brought it in again for the TOB and the lovely 1st to 2nd clunk that most of us with the TR3650 experiance. They put in a new bushing and pedal and told me the TOB was fine. Same with the clunk. Then the check engine light problems came into play.. brought it down 2 times now for the car bringing up the misfire code. They just reset the computer. Something happend to the flasher in the turn signal and it didnt work properly. They replaced the flasher and bulb. I also told them I want the clunk fixed. They refused to do so. These are just the ones i remember off the top of my head i could make a list all day long.

PM me with your vin if you don't miond me looking at the warrenty history of your car. Then I can give you advice

BTW I blame ford for stuff liek this rather than the techs. Ford wants us to work for free

example.

ford will pay under warrenty .6 tenths of a hour to diag a a/c.. if you spend longer than .6 tenths you are not getting paid.

I have spent days at times without pay tring to figure out hardcore problems. My dealer will try to make it up to me with gravy work afterwards, but to make it up I end up having to go in on saturday or staying untill midnight.

Sad truth is ford gets what it pays for, and the customer suffers.

BTW while they PIITB to the techs the reg. office employees are all driving around in brand new navigators on fords dime.

I lemon lawed my 96 Blazer. Front suspension kept rattleing and had the bitch into 4 different Chevy dealers and none could figure it out. I contacted a local Lemon Law Lawyer and had a free consultation. They will take your case for free and if/when you win you don't have to give them a cut of your winnings...The Manufacturer pays them :)
You need to open up the phone book and call a Lawyer imediately...even if you don't get a new replacement you can get a monetary settlement like i did. While my claim was being processed Chevy replaced my entire front end and fixed the problem. I was still awarded $7000 dollars for my time and aggrevation and the car wasn't declared a Lemon Legally so I traded it in the next day.
MAKE THE CALL....DON'T WAIT!