Resolved Car wont start after running out of fuel

Threads that have been [Resolved] by the OP or Moderator
See Post #4 with regards to the Code 96:

• Sponsors (?)

See Post #4 with regards to the Code 96:

Code 96 is gone now

First, connect the charcoal canister to the intake direct by it self, the valve and wires are there hooked up right? The valve opens at part throttle cruise to purge any gas fumes from canister.
Second, the vacuum line that is used for the MAP sensor on SD cars should be plugged off, leaving the nipple on the sensor open to atmosphere.
Thanks for clearing up the order of events, I think if you swap the plugs it will run.
I think the big azz injectors introduced too much fuel and fouled the plugs,
Now these are the thoughts from a back yard hack and not based on any real mechanical training :O_o:
Well i swapped the plugs to autolites gapped them at .054 but still nothing.
It will start when i give 1/4 gas en will keep running if i keep my foot on the gas, if i give full throttle the car goes to 800 rpms and stays there sounding like an old truck diesel engine lol

Aha some level off succes i just checked my timing and it was way off.... suits me right for trusting someone else lol.
It runs better now but wont idle now
I set the base timing at 12

Last edited:
Small update after resolving everything.
The problem in my case was wrong timing, did a base idle reset and forgot to close the hole in the timing cover for the mechanical fuel pump.
Thanks everyone for helping out :hail:

Reactions: 1 users
Ahhhh... Progress!

progress.gif

When are you going to post images of the rest of the car?

Ahhhh... Progress!

progress.gif

When are you going to post images of the rest of the car?
Its nothing special just a white hatchback beside the engine nd exhaust everything is stock

Attachments

• 16967713214462059600336580061970.jpg
    16967713214462059600336580061970.jpg
    525 KB · Views: 42
  • 16967714889243817132380906807597.jpg
    16967714889243817132380906807597.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: 1 user
Its nothing special just a white hatchback beside the engine nd exhaust everything is stock

Do you see what these things are selling for these days? It's crazy but it is only the start. They're catching on like 50's Cadillacs for some reason but it's still 30 years too soon.

The same is probably true for that Pontiac you got sitting there too. Is that a T-Top car?

Do you see what these things are selling for these days? It's crazy but it is only the start. They're catching on like 50's Cadillacs for some reason but it's still 30 years too soon.

The same is probably true for that Pontiac you got sitting there too. Is that a T-Top car?
Yea thats a t top firebird trans am gta,
Here in europe they are both still fairly cheap
Both around 6-10k

Like stated in the title i put a new engine in the car and swapped the aod to a t5.
Car started right up idled just fine but then it ran out of gas now it will crank but not start after i put new fuel in.
So far i have tested:
Fuel pressure at 40 psi at the rail
Injectors signal with noid light
Spark plugs fire
Unplugged the maf and sprout no change
No codes except for the egr and thermo emession stuff which i have removed
Im at a los here, could it be a bad computer?
check your TFI Module with this kit its awesome... don't forget you need a 9volt battery to.

Attachments

• Resized_20230813_140146_593.jpeg
    Resized_20230813_140146_593.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 28