Clutch Question

JonnyBlazeGT

Jun 21, 2015
I bought this 02 GT about 10 days ago and the clutch engages really close to the floor. Id say an inch or two from the floor. Is that normal? I find it really annoying as Im always having to rev it up a little when taking off in first from a stand still to keep it from bogging or stalling out when letting the clutch pedal out. That cant be normal, can it?

• Sponsors (?)

There is a way to adjust the level of actuation on the clutch pedal. A small lever that moves up and down with the pedal is located on top of the clutch pedal assembly. In an act of contortion, you can lodge one foot on top of that lever, while simultaneously pulling the pedal upward with the other foot. The pedal will click with every notch of adjustment. This is assuming the vehicle still has the stock clutch quadrant.

If you have an aftermarket quadrant, you will have to adjust the adjustable cable at the end near the transmission or at the firewall adjuster, depending on what set up you have.

There is a way to adjust the level of actuation on the clutch pedal. A small lever that moves up and down with the pedal is located on top of the clutch pedal assembly. In an act of contortion, you can lodge one foot on top of that lever, while simultaneously pulling the pedal upward with the other foot. The pedal will click with every notch of adjustment. This is assuming the vehicle still has the stock clutch quadrant.

If you have an aftermarket quadrant, you will have to adjust the adjustable cable at the end near the transmission or at the firewall adjuster, depending on what set up you have.
Thanks for the rely. Mine is stock. How exactly is this done? Lol.