Damn Rattles Help!

MinDgAmE516

Founding Member
Feb 26, 2002
new york
here i thought my system sounded so good until i got out of the car and stood from a distance. YOU hear it rattle more then u hear the bass!! GRR. Can anyone tell me how i can fix this? I heard something about dynamat

• Sponsors (?)

I've been reading up on several sound dampeners.. Dynamat is a bit too pricey for me, but FatMat or B-Quiet (on eBay) aren't so bad. With patience, a heat gun, and a decent roller I'm thinking it will help with my rattles...

First, find out just where the rattling is coming from and go from there. Putting dynamat or something similar on the trunk lid will weigh it down and help to reduce some of the vibrations. The license plate and the spoiler are also trouble spots. For an alternative, look also at Second Skin and eDead. Register on caraudioforum.com and the second skin rep gives 50% off damplifier to members plus free shipping.

b-quiet is pretty good. I've heard FatMat can smell for a while, though. Most of the Dynamat alternatives are very similar. Dynamat has pretty much the best recipe on their mat, that's why they have a patent on it. Whichever one you can get the best deal on, go with it. Just make sure it is made to work on upside down surfaces and see if you can get the temperature rating, especially if it's going on the trunk lid. I think Dyn. Ext. has a rating of about 300 deg or more, don't quote me on that, though. If it's rating is too low, it might start to peel off when it gets hot.

MinDgAmE516 said:
here i thought my system sounded so good until i got out of the car and stood from a distance. YOU hear it rattle more then u hear the bass!! GRR. Can anyone tell me how i can fix this? I heard something about dynamat

Just like everyone else said, take out the interior and the trunk area, line it with dynamat, and reinstall the interior, that should take care of rattles.