Detailing advice

Cory281

Jun 6, 2004
Hey guys, I bought a black 08 GT brand new last year. I've detailed it a couple of times, but lately it's starting to look like crap and has a lot of scratchs in it from washing and drying it off. What kind of tools and waxes do you guys recomend for me to get? I've been buying stuff from parts stores all my life, but I've heard from here before that the way to go is to get stuff online. I've read through the sticky about how to detail the car, but what are some good websites to buy my stuff at?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Cory,Black 07 owner here.Have you clayed your car since you bought it? I would suggest starting there,you will see and feel a word of difference.Also,I have always tried to steer people away from turtle wax but a friend that has a 07 srt8 charger brought over the turtle wax kit called "The black box" and he is as anal if not more than me about the upkeep of his car.Everything in that box is black from the wax which is great because there is absolutely no white residue and the quick detailer is also black not clear.So,start with the clay then seal it with the black box kit and remember if its dirty....WASH IT! Dont do like these guys and wash your car once every other week,if it gets dirtywash it or use the quick detailer.The cleaner you keep it the better she looks.
Good luck

Hey Cory,Black 07 owner here.Have you clayed your car since you bought it? I would suggest starting there,you will see and feel a word of difference.Also,I have always tried to steer people away from turtle wax but a friend that has a 07 srt8 charger brought over the turtle wax kit called "The black box" and he is as anal if not more than me about the upkeep of his car.Everything in that box is black from the wax which is great because there is absolutely no white residue and the quick detailer is also black not clear.So,start with the clay then seal it with the black box kit and remember if its dirty....WASH IT! Dont do like these guys and wash your car once every other week,if it gets dirtywash it or use the quick detailer.The cleaner you keep it the better she looks.
Good luck

Once every other week? THAT'S A CRIME!:eek:

I was my car once a week, unless it happens to sit in the garage and doesn't get dirty like in the winter haha. I did clay bar it last month and then waxed it with ScratchX and it looked pretty good, it still looks ok. But when I look down the sides I can see some light scratches on it still that you get from washing/drying.

I have read the detailing how to here, I think I'm going to try that and see if my polishing job will take all that crap out and make it look brand new again. I'm kinda picky when it comes to how my car looks. I guess we all that in common though haha.