Detroit Area Mustang guys

are "glasspacks" a reference towards magnapacks? sorry i'm a newb to cars lol

why shouldnt i get the packs?

oh i also decided not to do the full exhaust setup and once, instead i'm going to do

packs + 4.10 gears + short throw

yea so again, why not the packs?

• Sponsors (?)

2004 GT RagTop said:
are "glasspacks" a reference towards magnapacks? sorry i'm a newb to cars lol

why shouldnt i get the packs?

oh i also decided not to do the full exhaust setup and once, instead i'm going to do

packs + 4.10 gears + short throw

yea so again, why not the packs?

Thats a great start, but if your going to do gears, get 4.30s. Your not going to lose much more top end or fuel, 4.10s are kind of a waste! And dont forget, once you get gears your going to have to either get your computer reflashed with the new gear OR get yourself the speedometer correction thing from Dallas mustang. If your not planning on a blower or turbo.. dont fear the gear! Magnapacks are a great way to go, and get yourself a pro 5.0 or steeda tri ax short throw and you'll absolutely love it!

Oh I almost forgot, welcome aboard and keep an eye on this forum. There are alot of us local and we all pretty much know eachother and hang out from time to time.

Dale Royster said:
Thats a great start, but if your going to do gears, get 4.30s. Your not going to lose much more top end or fuel, 4.10s are kind of a waste! And dont forget, once you get gears your going to have to either get your computer reflashed with the new gear OR get yourself the speedometer correction thing from Dallas mustang. If your not planning on a blower or turbo.. dont fear the gear! Magnapacks are a great way to go, and get yourself a pro 5.0 or steeda tri ax short throw and you'll absolutely love it!

Oh I almost forgot, welcome aboard and keep an eye on this forum. There are alot of us local and we all pretty much know eachother and hang out from time to time.

thanks for the welcome!

4.30s!?!? i dunno bout that one lol. i was kinda apprehensive about gettin the 4.10s instead of 3.73s. I dont want my gas mileage to go completly to hell. I hear that with 4.10s if u drive normal that u really dont even lose gas mileage at all. I do all city driving.

Which shifter is better the pro 5.0 or steeda? i also heard of a new one, something like a MGW maybe?

2004 GT RagTop said:
thanks for the welcome!

4.30s!?!? i dunno bout that one lol. i was kinda apprehensive about gettin the 4.10s instead of 3.73s. I dont want my gas mileage to go completly to hell. I hear that with 4.10s if u drive normal that u really dont even lose gas mileage at all. I do all city driving.

Which shifter is better the pro 5.0 or steeda? i also heard of a new one, something like a MGW maybe?

Yeah go with a 4.30 gear, your gonna be about 3500 rpms at 80mph. Its no big deal with a 4.6 liter, the thing is made to rev! Ive never heard of the other shifter, Ive got a tri ax and I love it.

2004 GT RagTop said:
will my mileage take a significant hit? i do nothing but city driving. i heard that 4.10s dont mess up mileage in the city, but 4.30s i'm unsure of?

Not even noticeable really between a 4.10 and 4.30 ... Even on the onway it wont be a big deal. If your willing to go to a 4.10, its worth it to go all the way. Mustangs are easily capable of 13's almost stock and that will get you really really close!

Just checking in

Hey guys, been a while. Glad to see the thread is still going. I wish my stang was put away for the winter, but due to a winter beater lower control arm problem, i have been driving it. I actually drove it in that damn storm the other day WOW! Not a snow vehicle. I drive from Flint to Southfield everyday, might need to get them seats cleaned LOL. Well hope you all had a great Holiday and Santa Dropped you off lots of Mustang goodies. Hopefully putting the Blowzilla 2200 on in Feburary still need a few things. Take care and a Happy New Year. :nice:

Fella's i just quit my job this morning, after 2 and a half yrs. The mods in sig came by way of St. Johns Hospital. But now I'm going back school full time to get this college over with. So yes back to being a broke college student, but with a sweet as hell car but cant afford to put gas in it. LOL

Jo_885o said:
Fella's i just quit my job this morning, after 2 and a half yrs. The mods in sig came by way of St. Johns Hospital. But now I'm going back school full time to get this college over with. So yes back to being a broke college student, but with a sweet as hell car but cant afford to put gas in it. LOL

Whats up man? Where are you going to go to school at? How much do you still have to buy for your car?

Im still trying to get all the pieces for mine together piece by piece..... :bang:

Jo_885o said:
wayne state univ. And just a little bit more stuff, ie trans etc.

What are you going to do about the trans?

I just found out that my heads are not ported...im done with internet classifieds. I gotta work on getting my money back on my heads and tranny. I gotta get this stuff done so i can get this install on the road.

I think the classifieds should have a thread with all bad transactions so people can be warned about certain buyers. I found out after i already paid this guy about some bad transactions he has had with other buyers...even Jay Allen has heard about him. But it was too late for myself...now i gotta try to get my money back.

Anyone wanna make a trip down to Florida with me? :mad: :chair: :uzi:

Jo_885o said:
Damn dawg not good so u got the trans from him also. So what r u going to do?

He is supposed to be sending me money on monday for the trans and either he is gonna give me my money back for the heads, give me some money to help get the work done, or i might have to take the trans money and put it into the heads. Either way...this thing is going to get done. Whether or not i go into debt with it or not.

dale Royster said:
Are you still driving your car Nate? Or did you start pulling it apart yet?

Nope. Not driving it. I just started tearing it apart yesterday. Will probably finish on Monday. Here is the thread....
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=529142&goto=newpost

I found a guy on here a little while ago who had a cam degree kit i could use...hopefully he will see this. If not, does anyone else? I am trying to avoid spending that $100 right now for something i will use once or twice maybe.

Also, what can i use as a lifter, or what do i do to one of my old stock lifters when i measure the pushrod length? I know u have to eliminate the pre-load or whatever for an accurate measurement.

Thanks guys, let me know.