Drifting

Status
Not open for further replies.
DTNODYA said:
The best drifter's name is something like yokishamakruiriuriruiruruir ... lol, I can't ever remember his name but he's nasty!! He can win races drifting with the other cars driving the course ... it's insane. I'll try to find some vids. (no BS)

Is this what you are wanting to do with your mustang? Drift-wise? Click
you see how this guy cant even get it right with mach 1 power?

• Sponsors (?)

I must be getting old because drifting just seems like something a dumbazz would do with a car. It makes the car slower around a track and shreds tires for no reason...call me unimpressed. It's the exact opposite of what any race car driver wants to have happen while racing....If you want to trash perfectly good tires just do burnouts, at least then you wont be endangering innocent people with stupid car stunts :shrug:

trublustallion said:
you see how this guy cant even get it right with mach 1 power?

The power is fine, he's just not proficiency at all. I love getting sideways, I don't care for drag racing at all, that sport is mostly about the guy who has more money. The skill in drag racing is easyer to learn then any other racing sport. Road course is fun but I just love to get sideways. I do all the time, just at the right place and right time. Im looking for a local autocross event, Im going sign up and just go out there and try to drift. I may kill thousands of cones and get kicked out, but at least I wont hit something hard like at a racetrack.

Drift cars dont need alot of power, they need alot of gear and if you think a stock 99-04 GT with 4.30 and stock 245/45Z17 can't easly get those tires spining I think your wacked(No offence). I read an artical in some mustang mag about driftin the SN95 and they recommend 235/45Z17 tires because you want the sidewall to go straight up and down to improve respones. The wider the tire the harder the break of traction. They also let some *** driftin pro try his hand at it and he said he loved the torque of it but the 99GT lacks front grip which results in an oversteer donut. The LSD also could be more responsive.

Ive liked drifto for a few years now but this movie made me fall in love.
http://www.initialdthemovie.com/

It ricey but it makes Fast and the Furious look so much more stupid then it all ready is.

F&F3 Tokyo drift looks to be another rediculess movie but I can't wait.

Dorsai said:
I must be getting old because drifting just seems like something a dumbazz would do with a car. It makes the car slower around a track and shreds tires for no reason...call me unimpressed. It's the exact opposite of what any race car driver wants to have happen while racing....If you want to trash perfectly good tires just do burnouts, at least then you wont be endangering innocent people with stupid car stunts :shrug:

Its not about speed. It about smoothness and skill. Burnout are skill less.

Stang2003GT said:
The power is fine, he's just not proficiency at all. I love getting sideways, I don't care for drag racing at all, that sport is mostly about the guy who has more money. The skill in drag racing is easyer to learn then any other racing sport. Road course is fun but I just love to get sideways. I do all the time, just at the right place and right time. Im looking for a local autocross event, Im going sign up and just go out there and try to drift. I may kill thousands of cones and get kicked out, but at least I wont hit something hard like at a racetrack.

Drift cars dont need alot of power, they need alot of gear and if you think a stock 99-04 GT with 4.30 and stock 245/45Z17 can't easly get those tires spining I think your wacked(No offence). I read an artical in some mustang mag about driftin the SN95 and they recommend 235/45Z17 tires because you want the sidewall to go straight up and down to improve respones. The wider the tire the harder the break of traction. They also let some *** driftin pro try his hand at it and he said he loved the torque of it but the 99GT lacks front grip which results in an oversteer donut. The LSD also could be more responsive.

Ive liked drifto for a few years now but this movie made me fall in love.
http://www.initialdthemovie.com/

It ricey but it makes Fast and the Furious look so much more stupid then it all ready is.

F&F3 Tokyo drift looks to be another rediculess movie but I can't wait.

:Zip2:

Nothing wrong with drifting, and I agree with whoever said it takes some skill to control your car like that. But then again, there's those that are experts and can control the car no matter which way she's sliding, and then there are those that just yank the wheel to the side and stomp on the gas.

Anyways, I think I'd pick up an ol' beat up import to practice on. I can only imagine you'll shred plenty of tires and probably break a few suspension components just figuring out how to get the car to break free on cue. Might want to think about a nice adjustable suspension set-up too.

Have fun, keep it off the streets though. If I turned into an intersection and some dickhead was drifting through it sideways, I'd have to pull out my .40 and give them a new *******.

streetstang03 said:
moron. i hope your children have birth defects.

I never wished anyone any harm in my life. You are a very mean and hurtful person.

...I hope you and ur whole family dieds of cancer and I out live you just to drift over your roting bodies.

as shole!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.